!! Now 192kHz as standard !!
The all-new Rosetta 800 takes two of Apogee's most celebrated products and the latest in high-definition digital and combines them into one impressive package. The Rosetta 800 gives you eight channels of superior AD/DA conversion at sample rates of up to 192k, Apogee´s "SoftLimit", "UV22HR", and our advanced “Intelliclock”. The result is a premium digital recording solution that is built for the professional recording facility yet economical enough for the project studio.
- 8 channels of premium 24-bit AD/DA conversion
- Sample rates up to 192kHz
- 8 channels of AES, ADAT I/O
- Optional Firewire card for compatibility with OS X, and Windows XP
- "Soft Limit" for maximum digital level without overs
- "UV22HR" for superior dither to 16-bit
SoftLimit: Maximize Levels, Minimize Overs
One of the greatest difficulties in digital recording is getting an adequate level without clipping and unwanted distortion. With Apogee's SoftLimit, you can maximize digital output levels without overs.
UV22HR: Dither Down with 24-bit Detail
UV22HR is Apogee´s industry standard technology for reducing the word-length of a high-resolution digital signal to 16 bits for the internet and CD mastering. UV22HR is also being employed to produce dramatically improved internet and computer audio content without increased file sizes or data rates.
Intelliclock: Dual Stage Jitter Reduction
Another essential for outstanding digital recording is maintaining an ultra-low-jitter, clock signal. To accomplish this, Rosetta 800 utilizes Apogee's Intelliclock. Intelliclock is really two clocks in one. A fast-responding ´read´ clock, with a wide locking range, fills a dedicated FIFO buffer, while an ultra-low-jitter ´write´ clock writes the data out of the buffer, and is used to clock the converters.
Legendary Apogee Conversion in High-Definition
The most crucial component in the digital recording environment is high-quality conversion and the most trusted and desirable converters are made by Apogee. With up to 192kHz as standard, the Rosetta 800 combines Apogee's legendary conversion quality with flexibility that complements any digital audio workstation.
Firewire for Future Connectivity
Rosetta 800 has room for expansion. With the optional Firewire card installed (available later this year), you'll be able to connect the Rosetta 800 natively to any Firewire input device, without the need for additional hardware.
- Analogue In 1-8: Balanced, DSUB connector
- AES in: x 4, transformer balanced, DSUB connector
- Optical - ADAT/SMUX In: Toslink
- WC In: BNC 75 ohm
- • Analogue Out 1-8: Balanced, DSUB connector.
- • AES Out: x 4, transformer balanced, DSUB connector
- • Optical - ADAT/SMUX Out: Toslink
- • WC Out: BNC 75 ohm
- Sample rates: 44.1 - 48k, 88.2 - 96k (+/-10%); 176.4 - 192k (optional)
- Frequency response: 10 –20k (+/- 0.2 dB) at 44.1k
- Analogue max levels: +6dBV, +20dBu, +24dBu max (set by internal jumper)
- Dynamic range: 114 dB A weighted (AD + DA)
- THD+N: -105 dB (AD), -103 dB (DA)
- Power: 90-250 VAC, 50-60Hz, 45Watt