Officially, the "P" in MGP stands for "Premium" - but it could also be "Portable", or "Perfect" for purposes from live bands and DJs to fixed PA installation.
Yamaha MGP32X Mixing Console
This 16 channel model of the MG Premium console has outstanding sound quality and DSP functions for live sound reinforcement and installation applications.
The real stand-out feature of this range is the addition of two Hybrid Stereo channels, which provide powerful effects including: priority ducker, leveler and stereo imager.
There's also unique iPod and iPhone compatibility - not just the Apple-certified connection you'd hope for, but a free iOS app that lets you edit all the FX parameters remotely.
Everyone knows vintage EQ sounds great—but not everyone knows why. Throughout the development of the innovative VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects used in our high-end professional digital mixers, we became increasingly focused on reproducing the warmth and musicality of classic vintage EQs. It was through our precise modeling of the original circuitry of some of the most sought-after EQ modules from the past that we discovered a characteristic “X-shape” of the frequency curves that was unique to these units— and would ultimately prove essential to unlocking real vintage authenticity. More than just a means of tweaking your mix, the precise response and very steep shelving of the high and low frequencies make the X-pressive EQ a powerful sound-shaping tool that essentially redefines the role that EQ plays in sound reinforcement. Never before has an audio engineer's contribution to the overall sound been so significant, with X-pressive EQ providing complete control of every aspect of your sonic palette.
The preamp is where sound creation begins, and ultimately determines the character and quality of your overall mix. The importance of this critical first step inspired us to develop the most fat and warm sounding preamps possible—our newly refined D-PRE mic preamps. Initially intended for use with Yamaha's high-end recording gear, these studio-grade, discrete Class-A mic preamps employ an inverted Darlington circuit design that features multiple circuitry elements in a multi-layered configuration in order to deliver more power with lower impedance. This means all the character, depth and feel of your original signal will be delivered with fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs. Rediscover a favourite mic or trusted instrument by capturing the full range of your musical expression with sound that you don't hear, so much as feel. With 48V phantom power for each channel and a sound that is incomparable in a compact mixer today, these studio-grade discrete Class-A mic preamps set the MGP apart, clearly defining a class all its own.
MGP32X Main Features
- Digital Connectivity for iPod/iPhone Integrate Your Apple Devices into Your MGP Sound Experience -
In response to the growing demand for compatibility with iDevices, iPod/iPhone integration with the MGP offers much more than simple playback. With a single connection your Apple device is transformed into a flexible controller, giving you more detailed control of your MGP console.
- Hybrid Channel Includes the Priority Ducker, Leveler and Stereo Image functions to handle a range of sources and situations.
- Dual Digital Effects MGP Series mixing consoles offer two separate studio-grade effects processors for ultimate enhancement of your sound, with simple intuitive control. Yamaha's high-end REV-X reverb offers three very musical and natural high-resolution reverb effects: Hall, Room and Plate—a first for any Yamaha analog mixer. For more sound-shaping possibilities, Yamaha's renowned SPX digital multi-effect processor provides a useful selection of 16 advanced digital effects with editable parameters. Both processors can be used simultaneously, giving you a vast array of tools to colour your sound.
Yamaha MGP32X Mixing Console Specifications:
- Studio-grade discrete Class A “D-PRE” mic preamps with 48V phantom power and HPF per channel
- Musical X-pressive EQ
- Professional 1-knob compression with LED indicators
- High-grade dual digital effects processors: advanced REV-X and classic SPX
- Stereo Hybrid Channels with Ducker, Leveler and Stereo Imager DSP
- Digital connectivity for iPod/iPhone
- Free MGP Editor (iPod/iPhone)
- Rugged, impact-resistant, powder coated metal chassis
- Integrated rack-ears for easy rack mounting
- Internal power supply for world wide use