The Zoom H1 Handy Recorder is a Portable Digital Recorder - Ultra-compact pocket recorder with professional recording technology. The capsules of the zoom are mounted in H1 X / Y arrangement and includes high-quality inputs and outputs, microSD / microSDHC memory slot skating and many other features.
The Zoom H1 promises studio-quality, with a 24-bit and 96 kHz. Despite its compact dimensions, Zoom has been able to integrate the award-winning recording technology into Zoom H1.
To increase the maximum recording time, you can switch easily from classical PCM recording in the space-saving MP3 mode. Thanks to USB 2.0 is also the rapid exchange of data with the PC no problem. In terms of power itself is the zoom H1 still very modest: With a single AAA battery comes from the cell phone recorder about 10 hours
X/Y microphone pattern captures stereo sound with remarkable depth and clarity
Like all Zoom recorders, the H1's onboard microphones are configured in an X/Y pattern for stunning stereo imaging. Because both mics are arranged on the same axis, they are equidistant from the sound source for perfect localization and no phase shifting. The result is great stereo recordings with natural depth and accurate imaging (see image below)
Directional microphones focus only on the sound you want
The H1's built-in directional microphones focus on the sound being recorded. Unlike omnidirectional microphones, which pick up sound all around indiscriminately, the H1 mics ignore the unwanted noise behind them.
Set recording levels manually or automatically
The high-quality built-in preamp can be set to a recording level from 1 and 100. Set the recording level based on your specific needs. You can record anything from subtle nature sounds to a thunderous rock band. You can also achieve clear, undistorted recordings by enabling the AUTO LEVEL function.
Reduce noise with the built-in low-cut filter
Use the onboard low-cut filter to reduce unwanted background noise and focus the recording. This is ideal for interviews and recording outdoors. Use the optional windscreen to further reduce noise.
Input for external microphones or line-level sources
The H1's stereo microphone input jack can provide plug-in power, allowing you to utilize additional mics as needed for your specific application and situation. Moreover, this jack accepts stereo line-level inputs to be used in capturing audio from cassette decks, record players and other analog sources.
BWF allows time stamping and track markers to be added
Because it records in Broadcast Wave Format (BWF), the H1 is ideal for journalists and other professional media. Each recording is stamped with the date and time of its creation and up to 99 track markers or cue points can be added. These functions make managing and editing recordings a breeze.
Other features include:
Use the built-in reference speaker to check the results of your recordings right away without the need for headphones. This reference speaker makes selecting a recorded file easy. Its backlit liquid crystal display allows you to check recording levels and other functions, including recording time, battery level and other information.
Since it meets Hi-Speed USB 2.0 specifications, the H1 can quickly transfer files to any Mac or PC computer. Once your recordings have been transferred on to your computer, you can edit them in DAW software, create original CDs, post them on your social media sites and send files by e-mail.
The H1 has dedicated control buttons for setting the recording format, activating the low-cut filter and implementing automatic level adjustment. The menu-free, streamlined design of the H1 makes it easy to use right from the start.
The compact, lightweight H1 is perfect for use on a video or DSLR camera. The remarkable depth and clarity of sound achieved by the stereo X/Y mic design brings additional realism and depth to HD video. By combining the H1 with a DSLR video camera, you can create a professional video system with high-quality sound.
10 hours of continuous recording can be attained with a single AA alkaline battery. With the optional AC adapter, you can record for prolonged periods of time without worrying about the battery level. The H1 can also operate on USB bus power when the card reader function is activated.
- AAA battery Records for 10 hours.
- Records in 24bit 96kHz PCM and MP3.
- Low Cut filter
- XY Mic capsules
- USB 2.0
- External mics and audio device in-outputs
- 2GB card and battery incl.
- Simultaneous Recording Tracks: 2
- Simultaneous Playback Tracks: 2
- Functions: Lo-cut Filter, Auto REC Level, Marker
- Recording Format: WAV (Quantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate: 48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz)
- Playback Format: WAV iQuantization: 16/24bit, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48/96kHz) MP3 (Bit Rate: 32/40/48/56/64/80/96/112/128/160/192/224/256/320kbps, Sampling Frequency: 44.1/48kHz)
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times oversampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit,128times oversampling
- Signal Processing: 32bit
- Recording Media: microSD card (16MB - 2GB), microSDHC card (4GB - 32GB)
- Display: 127 segment custom LCD (with backlight)
- Built-in Stereo Mic: Unidirectional condenser microphone
- Gain: 0 to +39dB ( Minimum gain with digital attenuation: -28dB)
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: 120dB SPL
- Mic / Line Input: 1/8" stereo phone jack (Plug-in power supported)
- Input impedance: 2kΩ (Input level: 0 to -39dBm)
- Phones / Line Output: 1/8" stereo phone jack
- Output Load Impedance: 10kΩ or more
- Rated Output Level: -10dBm
- Phones Output Level: 20mW + 20mW into 32Ω load
- Built-in Speaker: 400mW 8Ω
- USB Interface: Mini-B type (USB2.0 High Speed compatible), Mass Storage Class operation
- Power Requirements: LR6 or Ni-MH AA battery x 1, or AC adapter (AD-17, USB to AC type)
- Battery Life (LR6 batteries): 10 hours (MP3), 9.5 hours (WAV)
- Dimensions: 44(W) x 136(D) x 31(H)mm vWeight: 60g (without batteries)