Digital Monitoring System
Genelec Monitors are powerful, with flat frequency response and have impeccable translation to other systems.
The Genelec 8130A Digital Monitoring System has a 192 kHz/24 bit digital audio interface. Due to its compact size, integrated construction, excellent dispersion and precise stereo imaging, the 8130A is ideal for near field monitoring, mobile vans, digital audio workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms, surround sound systems, home studios, multimedia applications and also for use with computer soundcards. The Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™) technology provides excellent frequency balance even in difficult acoustic environments. The integrated design allows the amplifiers and the drivers to be calibrated as a single unit, eliminating the effects of component tolerances and ensuring consistent quality.
The all-aluminium Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™ (MDE™) and advanced Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™) technologies are carefully matched with advanced amplifier and electronics circuitry. The low frequency response extends down to 55 Hz (-3 dB) while distortion is extremely low due to a uniquely new rear reflex port design.
The 8130A has been specially designed to have a sufficient LF extension for most situations. However if greater SPL's and a lower cutoff frequency are required, it can be complemented with Genelec 7050B subwoofer.
The 8130A is very easy to set up and use, the only connections required are the mains supply and the input signal. The female XLR input connector can be fed with either AES/EBU formatted digital signal or analog line level audio signal. The Genelec 8130A automatically detects analog or digital signals and directs them to the correct signal paths.
- Input format: Analog and Digital
- Input word length: 16 - 24 bits
- Digital Input: AES/EBU
- Connector type: XLR female
- Input sampling rate: 29 - 200 kHz
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz: ≥ 100 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: ≥ 108 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 5" magnetically shielded
- Treble: 3/4" metal dome, magnetically shielded
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 58 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch:
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D):
- mm: 285 x 189 x 178 mm (Height with Iso-Pod™ 299 mm)
- inches: 11 1/4 x 7 7/16 x 7 1/16" (Height with Iso-Pod™ 11 13/16")
- Speaker weight: 5.6 kg (12.3 lb)