Capable of producing peak SPL of over 120dB per pair, and with a low frequency response extending down to 35Hz, the 8050A is a powerful wideband bi-amplified monitoring system. It is an excellent tool for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses.
The sophisticated low level active crossover has versatile controls for matching the monitor to difficult acoustic environments. Dedicated very low distortion amplifiers power the drivers, with overload protection for each driver.
The stiff, volume efficient MDE™ (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™) enclosure and long, curved, flow optimized reflex port combined with low distortion drivers provide solid, clear, low frequencies with a minimum of compression, distortion and port noise artefacts. The gently curved sided and front MDE™ enclosure and advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™) provide exceptionally smooth on and off axis frequency responses, precise imaging and optimal directivity across the whole audio spectrum.
Mounting of the 8050A is easy using the included Iso-Pod™(Isolation Positioner/Decoupler™) which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The monitor can be tilted on the Iso-Pod™ to point the acoustic axis directly at the listening position. Other mounting options are possible using the integrated mounting point on the rear of the enclosure, or the M10 threaded hole on its base.
- Input format: Analog
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz ≥ 110 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material ≥ 120 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 8"
- Treble: 1" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 1.8 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 38 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch:
- Bass: 150 W
- Midrange: -
- Treble: 120 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D):
- mm: 433 x 286 x 278 mm (Height with Iso-Pod™ 452 mm)
- inches: 17 1/16 x 11 1/4 x 10 15/16" (Height with Iso-Pod™ 17 13/16")
- Speaker weight: 12.7 kg (28 lb)