To hear what’s really going on at the bottom of your mixes, you need a subwoofer that speaks the truth. The Temblor T8 lets you take charge of the low-frequency foundation of your mix with a combination of quality components and design, plenty of inputs and outputs, and extensive user controls not normally available in this price range.
The new PreSonus T8 Subwoofer provides more user controls than any other subwoofer in their class, enabling seamless integration into your listening environment.This is a very well-priced subwoofer packed with features you won't find anywhere in this price range, with plenty of ins and outs and delivering all the low end you'll need!
The Temblor’s extensive user controls include input gain (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable) and a continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz) that let you create a seamless crossover transition between your full-range studio monitors and subwoofer for a more accurate listening environment.
A switchable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Temblor’s outputs to the main monitors, avoiding destructive cancellation and reinforcement in the subwoofer’s upper range.
The result is a subwoofer that can be adjusted to perfectly complement not only our Sceptre™ CoActual™, Eris™, and Ceres™ BT active studio monitors but virtually any studio monitor.
T8 Ins and Outs
The T8 provides two sets of inputs: left and right, balanced ¼” TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs. This enables it to pair well with PreSonus’ Ceres BT-series active speakers and home-stereo speakers, as well as personal-studio systems.
Similarly, the T8 offers left and right balanced ¼” TRS and unbalanced RCA pass-through outputs for connecting satellite speakers.
If you are using your subwoofer with a home stereo or home theater system or a smaller studio system that does not require XLRs or two subwoofers, consider the T8.
Controls and filters
- T8: 8-inch, downward-firing, glass-composite low-frequency transducer
- T8: Round, rear-firing, bass-reflex acoustic port
Power and safety
- Input gain control (-30 dB to +6 dB, continuously variable)
- Continuously variable lowpass filter (50 Hz to 130 Hz)
- Built-in crossover
- Switchable highpass filter removes frequency content below 80 Hz from the full-range signal sent from the Temblor outputs to the main monitors
- T8: 200 watt, Class AB amplification
- Internal damping and heat sink
- Integrated rubber feet for stable placement
Inputs and outputs
- T8: Left and right, balanced ¼” TRS and unbalanced RCA main inputs
- T8: Left and right, balanced ¼” TRS and unbalanced RCA outputs
- 2- Balanced ¼” TRS
- 2- Unbalanced RCA
- 2- Balanced ¼” TRS (full range with 80 Hz HPF option
- 2- Unbalanced RCA (full range with 80 Hz HPF option)
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz – 200 Hz
- Low Pass Filter Frequency: 50 – 130 Hz (variable)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >98 dB (A weighted)
- THD: 0.05%
- Amplifier Power: 200W peak, 100W RMS
- Power Consumption: 120W
- Amplifier Type: Class AB
- Peak SPL at 1m: 104 dB
- Woofer: 8” glass-composite, downward-firing
- Acoustic Port: Rear-firing bass reflex (round)
- Input Gain Range: -30 to +6 dB
- Polarity Switch: 0° or 180° 0° or 180°
- Low Pass Filter Control: 50 Hz to 130 Hz
- High Pass Filter Switch : On/Off
- RF interference
- Output-current limiting
- Turn-on/off transient
- Subsonic filter
- External mains fuse
- Power: 100-120V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240V ~50/60 Hz
- Cabinet: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Physical: Width 10.2” (260 mm) Depth 12.6” (320 mm) Height 11” (280 mm)
- Weight: 21.2 lbs (9.6 kg)