Cardioid directional characteristic and very low self-noise.
The new standard for home recording and the music industry. The mic for everyone who, despite budget limitations, does not want to do without the uncompromising Neumann sound. Cardioid directional characteristic and very low self-noise.
The TLM 103 is the ideal large diaphragm microphone for all professional and semi-professional applications requiring the utmost in sound quality on a limited budget.
By utilizing the tried and true transformerless circuit found in numerous Neumann microphones, the TLM 103 features yet unattained low self-noise and the highest sound pressure level transmission. The capsule, derived from that used in the U 87, has a cardioid pattern, is acoustically well-balanced and provides extraordinary attenuation of signals from the rear.
The TLM 103 is available in satin nickel and matte black. Delivery includes an SG 1 metal swivel mount and a wooden jeweler's box.
- Large diaphragm cardioid microphone
- Pressure gradient transducer with with one-diaphragm capsule
- Transformerless circuitry
- Extremely low noise: 7 dB-A
- Includes swivel mount
- Straightforward handling for homerecording and professional studios
- High-quality professional equipment for limited budgets
Due to the universal cardioid pattern, straightforward handling, extremely low self-noise level, and finally, the price, the TLM 103 is predestined for all demanding applications from home recording to professional broadcasting and commercial recording studios.
- A universal cardioid mic
- Vocalist recording
- Announcer's mic for broadcasting/voice over
- Due to minimal self-noise: on-air mic for radio/broadcast, very low amplitude signals, radio drama, sampling, foley/sound effects
- Home recording and project studios
- Spot mic for: wind instruments, strings, percussion, guitar amps, drum overhead
These are just some of the most common applications. We recommend additional experimentation to gain maximum use from this microphone.