It consists of eight Focusrite mic-pres and a built in 24bit/96khz ADAT output - ideal for making use of often neglected ADAT inputs on soundcards, digital desks and Pro Tools hardware. It is also great for live use as it has eight analogue line-outs where you can use the mic-pres, send lines out to individual channels on your mixer, leaving the ADAT outs free to route to a hard disk recorder.
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 is an 18in / 6 out USB 2.0 audio interface designed to make home multitrack recording a breeze. Two award-winning Focusrite preamps and 16 additional inputs allow you to capture inspired takes, without having to constantly repatch your studio. Scarlett 18i6 comes with the latest in mix control software to deliver seamless integration, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability.
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 is an 18 in / 6 out USB 2.0 audio interface designed to make home multitrack recording a breeze. Alongside two award-winning Focusrite preamps, six high-quality analogue inputs allow you to simultaneously record guitar, bass, vocals and keys. You don't need to stop there either - pop in the ADAT optical cable from an outboard eight-channel mic pre unit such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII and you can track the drums at the same time.
Included with the Scarlett 18i6 is Scarlett MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer. Offering a superb level of flexibility, the MixControl software enables you to create six separate mixes with ultra-low-latency. Route any combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of the Scarlett 18i6 outputs. Intuitive one-click configurations help you track, monitor and mix as quickly as possible.
Scarlett 18i6 comes with all of the additional tools needed to start making music straight away. Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite comes in the box, adding Focusrite compression, reverb, gating and EQ to your recording system.
Focusrite's established Xcite+ bundle is also included. The bundle features Ableton Live Lite (for all your production, performance and compositional needs), Novation's Bass Station soft synth and over 1 gig of royalty-free samples from Loopmasters.
Scarlett 18i6's two award-winning Focusrite preamps ensure low noise and distortion, whilst cutting-edge digital conversion captures your audio with pristine quality. 16 additional inputs allow you to capture inspired takes, without having to constantly re-patch your studio. Combined with the very latest in USB interfacing technology, excellent routing flexibility and rock-solid driver stability, the Scarlett 18i6 is the heart of the modern recording studio.
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps - The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's 25-year legacy forms the foundation of this new interface, with two award-winning preamps.
- Total I/O count of 18 inputs and 6 outputs - All of the analogue and digital inputs you need for home multitrack recording. No need for breakout cables - every input & output has a dedicated socket.
- High-quality 24-bit/96kHz USB interface - Features professional conversion and jitter elimination technology, guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization.
- Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer/router - Provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer with excellent routing flexibility, intuitive one-click configurations, and lower than 1.4ms latency (less than the time it takes sound to travel two feet through air!).
- Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite, for use in the mix - Upgrade your standard sequencer effects and bring a touch of class to your session with Focusrite's Scarlett compression, reverb, gating and EQ.
- Xcite+ Software Bundle - Featuring a host of royalty-free loops and samples, a full-fledged soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an affordable upgrade path to Ableton Live.
Two Hi-Z instrument inputs - No need for a separate DI. The first two channels feature high-gain instrument inputs.
Dedicated front-panel headphone bus - providing a fully customised monitor mix, with tactile level control available on the front panel.
Monitor levels are always within reach - A front panel volume dial provides immediate control over the main stereo outputs.
Switchable phantom power - Across both mic pre inputs, globally switchable direct from the front fascia.
Software PFL -Allows the mix engineer to easily monitor a single mixer channel or complete mix.