SE Electronics Z3300a Microphone videosThere are currently no videos for this product. If you are registered with us you may log in to add additional videos related to this product. You can also register an account to add a related video.
SE Electronics Z3300a Microphone Reviews
I have purchased an SE Z3300a microphone as a multi-purpose microphone for various recording scenario\'s. Although it is usually used primarily for recording vocals, I have found that this particular model works extremely well when used to record acoustic guitars and mandolins.
When using the SE to record vocals, I have found that the results lack definition in the upper ranges of about 12-13Khz and above. However, it does produce excellent clarity and even response overall, especially in the low-mid\'s and low ends.
When I used it to record some acoustic instruments for a folk album, the best results came from the acoustic guitar and mandolin. I tested the mic against two small diaphragm condenser\'s, which were set up in an AB pattern. I found that this captured the low-mid\'s and the high\'s very well, but I wasn\'t satisfied with the overall sound combined. I used the SE mic on it\'s own as a comparison, placed about 1 foot away from the sound hoe and set up with the low end roll-off engaged. The results were much cleaner and well defined than the two small condenser mic\'s. To my surprise, it also picked up a lot of the subtle fretboard movements and high-end fret buzz, whilst still retaining the overall presence and rich, warm characteristics of the guitar.
The only negative aspects of this microphone that I have found, are that the polar pattern, db cut and roll-off switches don\'t seem to be as sturdy as other microphones of similar designs.
For the price of the SE, I would definitely recommend it as a good quality multi-purpose microphone that offers excellent results.
Great mic. For vocals, acoustic instruments and micing amps.
I dont fell loosing freqs or gain using it with my MOTU pre8. It sounds clear and crispy. Full bodied sound when I reocord my acoustic guitar (Ibanez Performance).
I recomend for any studio or musician who wants to reach a semi/profissional recordings.
SE Electronics Z3300a Microphone News
- » The Best Microphones for Lead Vocals | Our Big 5
- » Ed Sheeran Gear Guide: Featuring 'THE' Loop Pedal and Pawed Guitar
- » sE Electronics sE4400a Condenser Microphone With Free Pop-Shield
- » Ste Kerry: on tour with Fightstar, My Vitriol & sE
- » Producer, film and TV composer Matt Robertson chooses “performance” products from sE
- » Producer Rob Aubrey chooses sE over his classic studio gear
- » HOW TO...RECORD VOCALS
- » sE are Somethin Else with Amy Winehouse, Mika and Paulo Nutini!
- » The Songwriter, the Gemini mic, Beyonce's dad and the Channel 4 reality show!
- » The Manchester Scene Rocks to sE!
- » Issue 23 of Music Tech Magazine