Single channel mic preamp, works great with microphones, keyboard or guitars, adding the warmth only real tubes can provide.
The Tube MP Studio V3™ single channel mic pre features ART's new V3™ (Variable Valve Voicing) Technology -- found only in ART microphone preamplification systems.
V3™ provides optimized reference points to begin the recording process. The V3™ presets were created and fine-tuned by some of the industry's top studio and live-sound engineers, along with our veteran engineering department. V3™ allows you to select between a multitude of preamp settings designed for guitars (electric and acoustic), keyboards, bass guitars, drums, vocals and more. V3™ gives you incredible presets for every instrument you record, so all your recordings will sound professional. Need to tweak the presets? Go right ahead -- hone your perfect tone! That's the power of V3™.
V3™ also incorporates ART's OPL™ (Output Protection Limiter), which precisely and accurately controls and maintains the output peak signal. The OPL™ circuitry is crucial in protecting the next link in a signal chain - such as a hard-disk recording system or a sound card.
While it's primary application is to be used with a microphone, the Tube MP Studio V3™ can also function as a direct box - impedance matching, amplifying and improving the sound of any instrument plugged into it. The design of the Tube MP Studio V3™ allows it to add warmth and fatness to a signal while maintaining low-noise.
The Tube MP Studio V3™ features all the tone and functionality of its predecessor, the world's number one Tube Mic Pre, the Tube MP. Phase Reverse, +48v phantom power, clip LED and a +20dB switch are all included, as well as an analog VU meter for visual tracking of the signal.
Whether you're working with a computer, hard-disk, or digital multitrack recorder, the Tube MP Studio V3’s design delivers professional recording studio results at a fraction of the cost of comparable equipment.
The Tube MP Studio V3™ offers superior performance and sound quality to the "on-board" preamps found in today's low-cost mixers and multi-trackers. Professional quality sound combined with professional features - a hand-selected 12AX7a Tube, Phantom Power and Phase Reverse - are what make the Tube MP Studio V3™ an outstanding microphone preamp.
The Tube MP Studio V3™ can be used in a wide variety of applications including recording, project and home studios, where it’s Variable Valve Voicing really shines. It also functions as a direct box, with impedance matching and preamplification for line-level sources.
- Provides Superior Preamplification for: Microphones, Instruments and Line Level Sources
- V3™ - Variable Valve Voicing
- OPL™ - Output Protection Limiting
- Hand Selected 12AX7a Provides 70dB of Gain Smooth, Warm and Fat Sound Quality
- Variable Input and Output Gain Controls
- Excellent as a Tube DI
- XLR and 1/4" Inputs and Outputs +48 volts
- +48 Volts of Phantom Power
- Phase Reversal Switch
- Superior Sonic Performance to On-Board Preamps
- TEC-Award Nominated Design
- Portable, All Steel Construction
- 1 Year Warranty
- Dimensions 5.0in D x 5.5in W x 2.0in H
- Dynamic Range >100dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- Equivalent Input Noise -129dBu ('A' weighted XLR to XLR)
- Frequency Response 10Hz to 20kHz (+0,-1dB)
- Input Impedance 2k ohms (XLR), 840K ohms (1/4 in.)
- Maximum Gain 70dB (XLR to XLR typical)
- Maximum Input Level +14dBu (XLR), +22dBu (1/4 in.)
- Maximum Output Level +28dBu (XLR), +22dBu (1/4 in.)
- Output Impedance 600 ohms (XLR), 300 ohms (1/4 in.)
- Phantom Power +48 Volts
- Power Requirements 9 VAC @ 700ma (typ)
- Total Harmonic Distortion <0.1% (typical) >CMMR: >75dB (typ @1kHz)
- Tube Type Hand Selected 12AX7A, provides over 70dB of Gain
- Weight 1.5 lbs.