Achieving the sound quality demanded by elite performers and venues no longer requires sacrificing the rugged reliability of a dynamic microphone.
The KSM8 Dualdyne features a patented cartridge design with two ultra-thin diaphragms and groundbreaking reverse airflow technology.
The premium KSM8 Dualdyne Cardioid Vocal Dynamic Microphone is a groundbreaking feat of engineering design as the world’s first-ever dual-diaphragm dynamic handheld microphone.
Meticulously crafted for revolutionary vocal reproduction and sound-reinforcement control for world-class live performance in top-tier professional venues. Featuring the single purest cardioid polar pattern that Shure has developed to date, the patented Dualdyne cartridge of the KSM8 virtually eliminates proximity effect and masters off-axis rejection while providing sound professionals the signal clarity typical of condenser microphones without processing, along with the reliability of dynamic microphone feedback control.
Here are a few more of the technological advancements that make the KSM8 Dualdyne a game-changer in live sound:
- Unmatched control of proximity effect means a huge sweet spot
- Accurate, flat frequency response greatly minimizes the need for eq and processing
- Truest cardioid polar pattern available controls bleed for a more natural sound
DENT-RESISTANT, HARDENED CARBON-STEEL GRILLE
Lined with hydrophobic woven fabric for exceptional protection against wind, plosives and water, the KSM8 Dualdyne grille is durability redefined.
PATENT-PENDING DIAPHRAGM STABILIZATION SYSTEM
Protecting and stabilizing the active diaphragm during plosives and impact, the DSS greatly reduces high-frequency handling noise.
PATENTED CARTRIDGE DESIGN WITH TWO ULTRA-THIN DIAPHRAGMS AND REVERSE AIRFLOW
Controlled proximity effect vastly increases the working distance without on-axis coloration, delivering the most accurate frequency response available in a dynamic microphone.
REIMAGINED SHURE PUMPING PNEUMATIC SHOCK MOUNT
An elaborate architecture of tuned cavities, specific resistances, and precisely machined components is fully integrated into the cartridge’s acoustic properties, dramatically reducing handling noise without loss of low-end response.
Includes zipper bag, microphone clip, and user guide. Wireless microphones also include 2 AA batteries. Replacement grilles and cartridges available separately for wired and wireless models. Zippered carrying case also available separately.
- Patented cartridge design featuring two ultra-thin diaphragms (one active and one passive) and groundbreaking inverted airflow system.
- Exceptional control of proximity effect vastly increases working distance without on-axis coloration.
- Accurate frequency response due to controlled proximity effect which allows for neutral mid-and-high frequency reproduction, resulting in the most natural sounding dynamic microphone available.
- Off-axis attenuation is flat and broad resulting in superior quality of rejection of unwanted sound sources for increased vocal clarity.
- Advanced Pneumatic Shock Mount design for exceptional rejection of handling noise without any loss of low frequency response.
- Dent-resistant, hardened carbon-steel grille design lined with hydrophobic woven fabric provides exceptional plosive and wind protection, while offering virtually waterproof protection.
- Available in select Shure wireless systems, compatible with all interchangeable Shure handheld wireless transmitters
- Cartridge Type: Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic (moving coil)
- Frequency Response: 40 to 16,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 300 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage: -51.5 dBV/Pa (1.85 mV)
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Net Weight: 330 g (11.64 oz.)
- Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
- Housing: Die-cast Aluminum with Paint or Brushed Nickel Finish