Toontrack ended up with Number 1 Hits, which is not only an EZX expansion for EZdrummer, it´s a bonafide hit-machine in itself. When sound designer Niklas Flyckt played the finished product for us, even we were amazed at how organic, pumping and throbbing it sounded.
"All you have to do is take any of the included grooves, burn it on a disk and you´ll have a club hit", was Toontrack´s Mattias Eklund´s first comment.
No wonder, Niklas has some 30 years´ worth of experience, recorded and mixed artists like Britney Spears, Robyn, Kylie Minogue, Girls Aloud, Rachel Stevens, just to name a few, and obviously knows how to twist the knobs to get that million dollar sound.
To break it down, Number 1 Hits is a one-stop-shop for instant drum production when it comes to contemporary pop, dance, house and hip hop music. It has all the timeless, Linn, TR 909, TR 808, DR 55 sounds heard in pretty much every modern production that tops the charts of today, and on top of that, it comes with a large collection of unique and custom designed acoustic sounds - all of which were run through Niklas Flyckt´s amazing signal chain of SSL, tube vintage compressors and hard-to-find outboard gear.
Don´t waste any time, get started making some Number 1 Hits! With these sounds you are literally halfway there!
Number 1 Hits EZX Includes:
- Produced and mixed by Grammy award-winner Niklas Flyckt (Britney Spears: "Toxic")
- Instant drum production for contemporary pop, dance, house and hip hop music
- Vintage machines - Modern sound
- Sounds that offer endless combinations
- Includes MIDI with matching kit presets
- Linn Drum Machine
- Roland TR-909
- Roland TR-808
- Roland DR-55
- Sound Master ST 305
- Some additional sounds from Niklas private library
- SSL 9000J Console
- AD Converter: Digital Audio Denmark ADDA 2402
- Chandler LTD2
- RCA BA25
- Culture Vulture Anniversary Model
- 1176 Bluestripe
- AKG BX15 Spring Reverb
- Echoplate 3
- Engineered & Produced by: Niklas Flyckt
- Assistant Engineer: Anders Pantzer
- MIDI Library: Rasmus Flyckt & Niklas Flyckt
- Recorded at: Dreamhill Studios, Stockholm, Sweden
- Graphic Designer: Fredrik Ärletun
- Sounds & MIDI editing: Mattias Eklund