Whether you're a musician or digital DJ, the Scarlett 2i4 2-in-4-out interface is a perfect replacement for the discontinued Saffire 6, with the same mic pre's and converters, plus an elegant, road-ready unibody design.
Some of the best affordable AD/DA? Yep. A rock solid interface for Mac and PC? Of course. Feature packed? Bursting! Sounds good? One of the best soundcards in class.
Oh, and the Scarlet 2i4 looks gorgeous too.
Focusrite's new generation of USB interfaces is already beloved by DJs, but this replacement for the Saffire 6 is an invaluable tool for musicians too. It's got features they demand like two award-winning Focusrite microphone/line/instrument preamps accessed via universal front-panel XLR/TRS sockets, combined with professional 24-bit, 96 kHz conversion, plus class-leading analogue and digital design from input to output to ensure pristine audio quality throughout the signal path.
Perfect for recording guitar, vocals, stereo piano (anything, really!) and capturing everything possible with high-quality condenser mics.
Direct monitoring mode removes the latencies associated with listening back to the input signal through the DAW. Record into the DAW in real time, whilst hearing a zero latency monitor feed from their input sources, controlled by a single knob for easy blending between direct monitoring and DAW playback.
Like other interfaces Focusrite's new-generation Scarlett series, input level controls feature a novel LED “signal halo” around the knob that indicates signal presence (green) and input overload (red), while a large-diameter silver volume knob gives you full and accurate control over monitor levels at all times, so whether you are mixing your music, or listening back to the track, the levels will always be in your control.
Scarlett 2i4 delivers high quality, 24-bit 96kHz audio to and from both Macintosh and Windows computers with USB 2.0 capability – and it’s bus powered so you only need to plug in the included USB cable to start making music.
Features of the Scarlett 2i4:
- Two high-quality award-winning Focusrite preamps
- Anodised Aluminium Unibody Chassis
- Ring LED signal indicators (green means healthy signal, red indicates clipping)
- High-quality 24-bit/96 kHz USB interface
- Better than 105dB dynamic range on record and playback
- Mixer knob for latency-free direct monitoring, mixes between input signal and DAW playback signal
- USB bus-powered
- Two Neutrik combination inputs
- Rear panel balanced TRS outputs (1 & 2) and phono (1-4)
- MIDI in and out
- Headphone amplifier with separate level control
- Headphone monitor switch to hear either set of outputs
- Switchable phantom power
- Switchable 10dB pad on all inputs
- Large monitor level control
- Includes Xcite+ Pack, Ableton Live Lite and Scarlett VST/AU/RTAS Plug-in Suite