from Propellerhead is a two-in by two-out audio interface for Mac and Windows, developed to cater for home and project studio producers and musicians.
Keyboard and pads are dynamic, sensitive and balanced carefully with a solid feel that allows for complete expression. All this, combined with 93 real-time controls available at any one time, makes Panorama P4 the definitive keyboard controller for Reason. To play Panorama adds an additional dimension and is the closest you get, to operate Reason, as if its hardware.
Sound on Sound reviewed the Panorama P4, see the Review here.
Nektar Panorama P4 Advanced 49 Note USB Controller Keyboard Key Features:
- Advanced Control, Advanced Workflow
- Uunrivalled tactile control and user transparency
- The successful established workstation keyboard concepts allow for complete "on device" selecting and editing of sound with direct visual feedback
- No additional software to learn or get in the way of the creative flow
- Ergonomic Design
- Expressive Keyboard with a custom designed 49-note weighted synth keybed with a choice of 5 velocity curves
- 90 control elements assignable to a MIDI-message
- Buttons and pads can be assigned to ASCII messages, for sending shortcut commands to Reason
- 20 preset locations store the assignments of controls for later recall
- Amazing Pads
- 12 velocity and pressure-sensitive pads
- The "Scale-Function" assigns each pad to pitches within a defined scale for percussive performances with any sort of keyboard sound
- Panorama integrates and interacts with Reason like no other controller
- Completely transparent and with unlimited access to all areas
- Every single Reason device is mapped with parameters and their values clearly visible in the display
- Switching between Mixer, Instrument and Transport mode reconfigures the entire control surface by just pressing one button
Nektar Panorama P4 Advanced 49 Note USB Controller Keyboard Specifications:
- 49-note velocity-sensitive keyboard
- Weighted synth-style keybed
- Pitch bend & Modulation wheels
- 4 keyboard function buttons
- 3.5" high-resolution TFT display
- 16 encoders
- 9 45mm faders
- 100 mm ALPS motorized fader*
- 10 assignable LED buttons
- 28 additional assignable buttons
- 12 pads with velocity/pressure sensitivity
- 4 LED mode buttons
- 5 menu buttons under display
- Pads and motorized fader select buttons
- View and mute buttons
- Sustain pedal jack (pedal not included)
- Expression pedal jack (pedal not included)
- USB port for communication with computer
- USB Micro B connector for extra and external power*
- Mac OS X and Windows XP, Vista & 7 compatible
- *Two USB ports or external USB power supply required to power entire unit. One USB port powers entire unit with the exception of the motorized fader.
More info from Nektar HERE
Propellerhead Balance Audio Interface - Includes Reason Essentials
Balance Audio Interface
Balance, a two-in by two-out audio interface for Mac and Windows, developed to cater for home and project studio producers and musicians. Fully USB 2 powered with separate volume controls for monitors and headphones, it contains 8 input connections to keep all instruments, mics and devices connected and ready to record with the press of a button—without software pop-ups or control panels. The included Reason Essentials packs in all the recording editing, effects, instruments and mixing tools needed to create great sounding tracks.
perfect integration with Reason and Reason Essentials
Balance’s class compliant drivers on the Mac and ASIO/WMD driver for Windows ensure hassle free installation and compatibility with all applications from iTunes to ProTools. Integration with Propellerhead products goes further. Hardware buttons on Balance bring up a large meter/tuner in Reason and can also enable “Clip Safe,” Propellerhead’s new recording technology that with one click heals clipped recorded audio. Musicians no longer have to worry about losing a great recording because gain levels were too high, and can stay focused on creating that goose bump evoking performance.
Balance Audio Interface Main Features
- Clip Safe
Clip Safe is a magical lifeline for distorted takes – a red-eye tool for recorded audio. Clip Safe records your take on two channels, one at a lower volume. If your recording clips, it lets you substitute it for the other one. Don't ask us how it works, it just does.
- Recording Meter/Tuner
Just a button-tap away, Reason Essentials' Recording Meter lets you tune your guitar and set the levels from across the room.
- All the inputs you'll ever need. And then some.
On the back of Balance you'll find inputs for all your gear: two microphone preamps with phantom power, high impedance guitar and bass inputs with pads, and four line inputs.
- Hardware input source selection
With Balance your instruments are always connected and you are always ready to record. Use the buttons on the front panel to select the active inputs. We've put all the controls at your fingertips.
- Record Ready LEDs
When a Reason Essentials audio channel is active and armed for recording, the Ready LEDs light up. Just hit record and play. The software will take care of the rest.
- Large main output and headphone level controls
On Balance the controls you reach for most often are the easiest to find.
- Output muting and Direct Monitoring
Hit the Mute button once to mute the main outs. Press and hold the button to activate direct monitoring of the input channels, for latency free recording or standalone use.
- Powerful headphone amplifier
No headphones are too tough for Balance's powerful headphone amp, ensuring earshattering volumes with even the quietest of headphones.
- USB 2.0 powered
Plug and play – Balance is powered through the USB port. On the Mac, no drivers are required. On Windows, the drivers come pre-installed with Reason Essentials.
- Built-in Ignition Key
Your license is stored on your interface. When you're at your friend's house, authorize the software through Internet Verification. Or bring Balance – it fits in your laptop bag.
- Revolutionary technology that just works
Bus-powered, low latency, Core Audio/ASIO- compatible interface with inputs for all your gear. No software control panel—all settings are on the front panel.
- Everything you need — includes Reason Essentials. Just like its bigger brother, Reason Essentials puts making music in focus. From concept to completion, it has all the essential tools for turning good ideas into great songs.
- Want Reason + Balance? Upgrade the included Reason Essentials with our Reason Upgrade to get the full version.
- Already own Reason? Balance with Reason Essentials also upgrades previous versions of Reason to brand new Reason 6.