Studios primarily use 2-way & 3-way large monitors designed to represent a wide range reference viewpoint at higher listening levels.
However …… in the newly developing age of High Definition Audio, there is still a need to hear what your mix will sound like when played back over small “bass-challenged” systems such as televisions, clock radios, computers, car stereos, ipod docking stations, etc.
It is important to make mixing judgments based partially on listening to reference monitors that will not impart tonal anomalies caused by crossovers or inferior full range drivers. Particular attention is always paid to the critical mid-range vocal/guitar/keyboard areas. This is where having a full-range monitor without a crossover is truly revealing.
More than twelve months of R&D, comparative listening & tweaking went into the voicing of the AVANTONE MixCubes™.
The result is a very smooth sounding, full range upgrade from those old familiar 5C Sound Cubes™ engineers were so fond of in the 1980’s-1990’s.
Listening tests reveal that the MixCubes™ have a smoother midrange, more accurate, transparent top end response with extended bass while maintaining the basic characteristics of those original little cubes.
- System Type: Active (Self-Powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
- Frequency Response: 90Hz-17,000Hz (Accessible musical range)
- SPL/Sensitivity: 94db @1w/1 meter
- Power: 60 watts RMS Class A/B
- Cooling: Convection / Heat Sink-Aluminum Fins
- Driver: 8 ohm 5.25” Cast Aluminum Frame / Paper Cone
- Cabinet: Sealed design /18mm MDF/ with Dacron Acoustical stuffing
- Inputs: XLR & TRS +4/Balanced & RCA/-10 Unbalanced
- Cabinet Dimensions:
- 165mm X 165mm X 206mm ( 6 ½”x 6 ½”x 8.125”) cabinet depth
- 165mm X 165mm X 241mm ( 6 ½”x 6 ½”x 9. 5”) overall depth
- Cabinet Weight: 4kg / 8.8 Lbs (each)