Sound on Sound: "It's very easy to use, with intuitive sampling and impressive tempo features."
The Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad is the hugely anticipated follow up to Roland's SPD-S Sampling Pad. This is NOT just a drum machine it is also a sample trigger. By adding this in alongside your acoustic or electronic drum set up, you can incorporate audio samples into your performance and trigger them at any time. The SPD SX gives the user amazing creative and innovative features and can be used anywhere from the stage, the studio and even DJ's can get full use out of this highly portable sampler and drum machine. It has multi effects, looping functions, 9 velocity sensitive rubber pads and many more features.
If you were in any doubt what this can do just check out the videos below for a perfect example with our very own Craig Blundell.
Get a years FREE insurance on this Roland product. - On top of their extended
3 year warranty Roland are offering a years protection against theft, loss and accidental damage on products worth £500 and more. Please visit Roland
for further information, including terms and conditions and registration form.
Show full description »
Roland SPD-SX Sampling Pad
The SPD-SX Sampling Pad has an amazing 2GB of sampling memory making this unit an industry leader in sampling for drummers and putting the power of the "Drumming Gods" under your sticks. This amount of memory gives you roughly 360 minutes of Audio at 16bit, 44.1kHz in mono. Thats over 10,000 files being stored on your SPD SX for you to trigger at any time during your performance. The built-in USB ports let you directly import these audio files from USB flash memory.
The Sampling Trigger Pads come with Wave Manager Software for PC or MAC, which allows you to import these audio files directly from your computer and assign them to each pad so you can then tailor each individual gig to what you need. The drag and drop functionality of the software couldn't be any more simple. Once you have created your sample and stored it on the Pad of your choice, the onboard effects can then be applied. Samples can be chopped up, reversed, normalised, pitch altered and much more, then just save the results.
The SPD SX has 9 electronic drum and percussion pads onboard, each one has its own LED indicator to show its status when it is in play or in use. This is a great feature when using samples that may contain silence and it is assumed to be off. The LED changes in illumination strength allowing the user to monitor sound levels whilst in a noisy live environment.
There are 2 independant real time control dials and a whole load of other FX and features. Filtering, Looping and Delays are just some of the effects that can be manippulated in real time. The internal triggering technology also makes sure that you don't miss a beat in any situation whether that be recording, playing live, or just rehearsing.
Below is the optional Roland PDS-10 Stand so you can mount your SPD-SX Sampling Pad right next to your kit or even intergrate it.
Key Features of the SPDSX Sampling Pad:
- Unique sampling-pad concept — the only instrument of its kind in the world
- 2 GB internal memory, enabling approximately 360 minutes of sampling (mono) without requiring external memory
- Nine velocity-sensitive rubber pads, two external dual-trigger inputs
- Easy capturing and assignment of audio data through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Three units of multi-effects onboard, with two real-time control knobs and four dedicated effect buttons
- Individual Pad Dynamics indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- Expanded USB functionality (USB Mass Storage, USB MIDI/AUDIO, USB Memory)
- Wave Manager software for PC & MAC included for easily importing, assigning, and organizing samples
- Large backlit LCD
- Also check out this brand new Interactive Tour of the SPD-SX right HERE
- FREE 3 Year Warranty when you register your product with Roland UK.