Access UAD Powered Plug-ins with Dual Processing Power — Now on Select iMacs® and MacBook Pros®. Includes Analog Classics Software Bundle & $500 UAD Plug-In Voucher.
UAD-2 Satellite DUO Flexi Firewire DSP Accelerator
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Flexi puts the world’s finest analog emulation plug-ins within easy reach of Firewire 800 and 400-equipped Macs — including Intel-based iMacs and MacBook Pros — plus it includes a $500 voucher to build your own personalized plug-in bundle. In developing UAD-2 plug-ins, UA’s DSP engineers work with leading hardware manufacturers, using their exact schematics, golden units, and experienced ears, to give your mixes all the warmth and harmonics of classic analog recordings. Powered by two SHARC processors, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Flexi allows you to create a custom plug-in bundle and run complex mixes, without taxing your host computer.
Bundled with the LA-2A and 1176LN Compressor/Limiters, and the Pultec EQP-1A EQ plug-ins, the UAD-2 Satellite provides rich, vintage sound quality right out of the box. Of course, these bundled plug-ins are just a start; the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Flexi model features a $500 voucher to build your own custom bundle from the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including titles from Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Lexicon, Pultec, SPL and more (sold separately).
Compatible with select iMac and MacBook Pros, with support for VST, Audio Units and RTAS, the UAD-2 Satellite DUO Flexi features wide compatibility. Whether you use Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic Pro, Digital Performer and more, UAD-2 plug-ins can inject the character and quality of classic hardware into your mixes. Just install the software, connect the unit to an available Firewire 800 or 400 port, power up and start mixing.
Developed by the industry’s premier engineering team, and backed by frequent new software and plug-in releases, the UAD-2 is the processing platform of choice for many of the world's top musicians, producers and engineers.
UAD-2 Satellite DUO Flexi Features
- External Firewire 800 and 400 DSP accelerator unit, compatible with select Intel-based iMacs, MacBook Pros and Mac minis
- Access the complete UAD Powered Plug-Ins library, including: Studer, SSL, Manley, Empirical Labs, Neve, Roland, BOSS, EMT, Fairchild, Harrison, Helios, Little Labs, Pultec, SPL, and more (sold separately)
- Includes “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle, featuring LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A and Realverb Pro plug-ins.
- Run complex, professional mixes in Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer and more — without taxing host computer CPU
- VST, AU, RTAS support; Mac OS X Snow Leopard compatible
- Combine UAD-2 Satellite devices with UAD-1 and UAD-2 PCI/PCIx/PCIe cards in a single system
- High-bandwidth Firewire DSP Accelerator w/ (2) Analog Devices SHARC processors
- Includes $500 voucher for plug-in purchases via UA’s Online Store
- 1-year Limited Warranty
Minimum System Requirements:
Mac OSX 10.6.x “Snow Leopard” (No PowerPC support)
Select Intel-based iMacs, Macbook Pros, and more. Detailed hardware compatibility list to be announced
1 available 1394a or 1394b port (Greater instance counts achieved at Firewire 800 versus Firewire 400)
Standard Type P1J
(2.1mm x 5.5mm x 11mm Center positive)
6” Wide x 8” Long x 1” High