The Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth is a ground-breaking new guitar synthesis pedal with unique features which have never been available in this format before. It is the fastest and most accurate guitar synth ever thanks mainly to the newly developed pitch-detection technology. The unit itself houses a world-class selection of virtual guitars, amps, bass guitars and synth voices and tones that have never been heard before.
This unit would fit right at home onstage or in the studio, and you can instantly access the GR55's huge library of ready-to-use sounds, from pop to rock and beyond with category buttons.
Roland GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer Pedal Key Features:
- A revolutionary fusion of guitar synthesis and powerful COSM guitar modelling
- Up to four sound sources at a time: two PCM synth tones, plus COSM guitar modelling and normal guitar input
- Easy to use and easy to play with hundreds of great, ready-to-use sounds for rock or pop guitarists
- Advanced Roland technology provides superb sound quality and lightning-fast processing
- Over 900 of Roland’s latest fully editable PCM sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage synths, and much more
- COSM guitar and amp modelling
- Two types of multi-effects engines, plus global reverb, chorus, and delay effects, and an on-board looper
- Built-in USB audio player with foot control
- Available with or without GK-3 Divided Pickup
The GR-55 is the pinnacle of Roland's exhaustive efforts in the field of guitar synthesis over the last 35 years. In 1977, the company created the GR-500, the world's first guitar synthesizer. This milestone product ushered in a new era of guitar expression, allowing guitarists to play an entire palette of sounds that were previously available only to keyboard players. Since then, Roland has remained dedicated to guitar synthesis, constantly developing and improving the technology to make it accessible and easy to use by all guitarists.
Driven by Roland's newest proprietary digital processing technology, the GR-55 delivers lightning-fast tracking performance and previously impossible sound-making capabilities. It features two independent sound engines, each loaded with over 900 of Roland's latest sounds, including pianos, organs, strings, vintage and modern synths, percussion, and many more. A third sound engine is driven by Composite Object Sound Modelling (COSM), the guitar modelling technology behind Roland's famous VG-99 V-Guitar System. With COSM, the GR-55 can emulate electric and acoustic guitars, basses, and other instruments, as well as guitar and bass amplifiers.
The GR-55 can also be used as a stand-alone effect processor but with the GK-3 pickup you can access the GR-55’s enormous palette of sounds. The GK-3 can be easily installed on most steel string guitars with no modification to the instrument. In addition, many different GK-ready instruments are commercially available from various top guitar manufacturers. Check out these GK Ready Guitars from Fender.