Upgrade from Ivory to Ivory II Grand Pianos.
Upgrade from Ivory to Ivory II Grand Pianos. The world’s most popular virtual grand piano collection just got better with the creation of Ivory II Grand Pianos.
Featuring a greatly expanded sound set with nearly double the velocity layers, and the powerful, new Ivory II piano DSP engine with Harmonic Resonance Modeling for true Sympathetic String Vibration, Ivory II Grand Pianos soars at the highest possible levels of sampling and synthesis technology.
IMPORTANT - If you purchased and registered the original Ivory Grand Pianos after November 1st 2009, you are eligible for a free upgrade to Ivory II. Please call us on 01837 55200 with your serial number so we can verfiy the free upgrade. Shipping charges will apply.
DO NOT BUY THIS UPGRADE VERSION if you do not already own Version 1.x of this product. This product WILL NOT WORK without a valid version 1.x serial number. If you have not already purchased Version 1.x, you must buy the full version of this product. Opened boxes may not be returned. Requires iLok.
This product requires an iLok Key
The playing experience is simply extraordinary with an emotional range extending from the heartiest fortissimo to the most delicate and nuanced pianissimo. Ivory II Grand Pianos will breathe under your fingers, inspiring your best performance from a truly organic instrument.
A host of new piano-centric features have been added to the Ivory II engine. Principal among them is Sympathetic String Resonance, a long sought after but elusive characteristic of real pianos that Synthogy approaches in a completely new and unique way, realizing the true complexities and subtleties of sympathetic string excitation. Harmonic Resonance Modeling is a brand new technology that does not rely upon triggering additional samples, ordinary sine waves, or recordings in any way. Rather, notes struck that are harmonically
related excite the actual complex overtones of the notes that are being held, in the same manner that undamped strings ring in a real acoustic piano. The result is an unprecedented new level of realism.
Ivory II also delivers some of Synthogy’s most frequent customer requests, with features such as Half Pedaling, Lid Position, Pedal Noise, and Tuning Tables to provide even greater detail and control. Additionally, features like Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ, and new Synth Layer controls offer powerful new sound sculpting capabilities for custom piano programming and sound design.
At the heart of Ivory II are Ivory´s legendary pianos. Each Ivory piano has been further refined and developed, including expanded velocity levels (up to 18 per piano), additional soft pedal samples, and more release samples. Synthogy´s decades of expertise in piano development, along with proprietary "timbre interpolation" technology combine to deliver greater fidelity, unrivaled playability, and a musical experience that is unsurpassed.
Ivory II represents the most significant design enhancement to Ivory´s custom piano technology since its introduction. Years in the making, every effort has been taken to assure that Ivory II is a true and worthy successor to the legacy established by our original Ivory products.
- Over 77 Gigabytes of stunning, Acoustic Grand Piano sampled instruments:
- Bösendorfer 290 Imperial Grand
- German Steinway D 9’ Concert Grand
- Yamaha C7 Grand (Each piano can be installed separately)
- Up to 18 discrete velocity layers with Sample Interpolation Technology for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Harmonic Resonance Modeling for the most realistic Sympathetic String Resonance possible
- Synthogy’s exclusive, powerful 32 bit Sample Playback and DSP engine, engineered specifically for recreating the acoustic piano
- Sustain Resonance DSP for realistic Damper Pedal response
- World class digital FX including Real Ambience, Chorus and EQ
- Customizable User controls for Timbre, Stereo Width and Perspective, Velocity Response, Mechanical Key Noise, Lid Position, Tuning Tables, and more
- Timbre Shifting, Parametric EQ and new Synth Layer controls for powerful sound sculpting capabilities
- Expertly tuned and regulated pianos in world-class studios and concert halls
- All 88 keys individually sampled in up to 18 dynamic levels (plus Bösendorfer extended low octave)
- Incorporates exclusive Sample Interpolation Technology used for ultra-smooth velocity and note transitions
- Real Release samples, Soft Pedal samples, and Pedal Noise enhancements
- Optional synth pad layer for modern/pop combinations
- Dozens of user-adjustable presets
"Ivory II... sounds godlike." —STEPHEN FORTNER, KEYBOARD MAGAZINE
"Authentic-sounding sympathetic resonance has been the holy grail of digital-piano designers, and the folks at Synthogy have finally hit the mark..." —GEARY YELTON, ELECTRONIC MUSICIAN
"Mix Certified Hit" —Ivory II selected by the editors of MIX MAGAZINE as one of the Top-20 hits of NAMM 2010.
2010 M.I.P.A. International Press Award Winner —Best Software Instrument
2.0 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 1.8 GHz Intel Core Duo CPU
1.5 GB RAM
22 GB free hard drive space
Hard drive speed of at least 7200 RPM
2.5 GHz Dual Core PowerPC G5 or 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
2 GB RAM
77 GB free hard drive space