The ReMOTE SL MIDI controller is the first keyboard to provide automatic, instant and intelligent control of all major sequencers and all automatable plug-ins. You can also check out our bundle of the Novation Launchpad with Zero SL Mk II here
Novation ZeRO 49 SL Mk II
Get involved with your music with intuitive control and no hassle setting up reams of MIDI parameters. The Novation SL series let's you control your DAW, plugins and instruments effortlessly, spend your time on the music and not in the menus!
SL Mk II provides a full DAW and plug-in control surface, that visually feeds back all control information to the user. A giant 144-character display, back lit LED buttons and LED ringed encoders show the status of all controls. Ultra-quick mapping of all 56 knobs, faders and buttons is managed by the groundbreaking Automap 3 PRO software.
Ableton and Novation announce new SL Mk II integration
All Ableton's major controls are instantly assigned to SL Mk II's 56 knobs, faders and buttons. The changes mean that controlling session view, mixer and devices will be quick and easy, because you'll never lose track of what you're controlling:
- Live's devices are assigned to controls as you load them up. Open 'Auto Filter' and instantly see 'cutoff', 'res' etc, on the LCD screen above each knob, along with their current values (as well LED rings around each encoder).
- Comprehensive mixer control: Touch a fader to see the channel name and volume level on the large LCD screen, and the two buttons underneath will be lit up if the track is activated or record enabled.
- Launch scenes with the SL's buttons. You can also set up a row of 8 backlit buttons to launch clips (which light up if the clip is playing).
- High quality professional keyboard - Velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard from Fatar, with assignable after-touch. Novation deliver the feeling of playing an instrument, rather than just a computer peripheral.
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback - Brightly lit LED rings around the eight smooth encoders, and backlit buttons throughout provide instant visual feedback for every physical control, further reducing reliance on the computer screen.
- Giant 144-character LCD screen - Frees the artist from being chained to the computer screen, placing all the essential data right alongside the relevant controls.
- Huge array of touch-sensitive controls - Full control surface supporting ultra flexible DAW control and Auto-mappable plug-in controls, 16 knobs, 8 faders and 32 assignable backlit LED buttons.
- Automap 3 PRO Control Software - SL Mk II comes with Automap software which enables you to instantly map software parameters to faders, buttons, encoders and pots and other controllers.
Check out just what the Novation SL controllers are capable of in this video from Brooklyn musician JView. He covers 'Teardrop' by Massive Attack, triggering samples using pieces of fruit and veg routed through his SL25 keyboard. Needs to be seen to be believed, a very organic piece of music (sorry).
The Novation SL Series Is Used By...
|Peanut From The Kaiser Chiefs
|| "I've been using the SL25 (Mk I) in my live rig for almost 2 years now. It's solid, and is perfect for use as an extra controller/sample triggering and tinkering device."
|Teddy Riley - Michael Jackson, Bobby Brown, Boyz II Men
||"I can control all my instruments from the SL, and I never have to touch the keyboard. The transport control is right here, and I can alter any of the sounds from right in front of me. I can pretty much do anything with it!"
|| "Royksopp travel with 3 SL’s and we use 2 on stage plus 1 for backup. Svein and Torbjorn each have an SL hooked up to a Muse Receptor, which control various VST’s. The Novations are used to trigger loads of sound effects, samples and synth sounds live." - Gavin Ellis Royskopp's Head Engineer
|| "We went for the Novation SL MkII, because it has everything we need, and it's tough enough for touring." - Enter Shikari Monitor Engineer/MIDI Tech Ed Slaney
Novation SL Series Artists
|| "It's magical! I couldn't believe how easily the ReMOTE SL connected up with both Reason 3 and Live 6. Tweaking parameters was always such a hassle with the mouse - not any longer. "
- Physical controls
- Assignable controls:
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment Led rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode]
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Xpression Pad (as on existing SL)
- Xpression Stick (as on existing SL)
- Touch sensitive Speed Dial (as on Nocturn)
- System buttons
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
- The central system buttons from the SL have been simplified; there is now:
- 1 Automap button with LED to toggle Automap mode on and off (this replaces the PLAY button) – this way, manual MIDI mode is separate from Automap mode and can be avoided completely if preferred
- Template and Edit modes have been combined into one edit mode, for editing both individual controls and overall settings within one Template
- Rear Panel connections are as follows:
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX – Not Class Compliant
- MIDI: MIDI ONE: IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI TWO: OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Power switch: Ext DC/USB