AKG's Drum Mic Set Big II contains 1x D 112, 2x C 1000 S and 4x C 518 M, all in a protective aluminium carrying case.
The D 112 has earned a well-deserved reputation worldwide as the best kick drum microphone ever made. Heavy-footed drummers won’t faze it, because the D 112 handles up to 160 dB SPL with no audible distortion.
A specially engineered diaphragm with a very low resonance frequency maintains solid and powerful response below 100 Hz, while a narrow band presence rise at 4 kHz punches through dense mixes with little or no added EQ.
The result is a kick drum sound that ideally balances precise definition and forceful impact. The D 112 is also an excellent choice for use with bass cabinets, trombones, etc.
Built in windscreen, SA 60 stand adapter included.
- Large-diaphragm dynamic microphone for bass instruments
- Extremely high SPL capability
- Classic microphone for stage and studio applications
C 1000 S
The versatility of the C 1000 S makes this an extremely popular model, and one ideally suited for all kinds of recording and live sound applications.
If no phantom power is available, the mic can be powered by a standard 9 V battery, making it perfect for mobile use. With its new battery monitoring electronics, the C 1000 S now features a reliable LED warning light. The red LED above the the microphone switch lights up when the remaining battery life falls below 45 minutes. The polar pattern can quickly be switched from cardioid to hypercardioid simply by attaching the PPC 1000 Polar Pattern Converter provided to the microphone capsule. The PB 1000 Presence Boost Adapter also supplied with the C 1000 S adds 3 to 5 dB of high-end enhancement between 5 and 9 kHz, improving clarity of speech and adding definition to instrument sounds.
- Battery status LED for reliable monitoring of remaining battery life
- Can be powered by internal 9 V battery or by phantom power (9-52 V DC)
- PPC 1000 allows the microphone to be switched from cardioid to hypercardioid pickup pattern
- Presence Boost Adapter PB 1000 is included for high-end enhancement
C 518 M
The ultimate miniature condenser microphone for drums and percussions. Its cardioid polar pattern rejects overspill from nearby instruments. A continuously adjustable vise-type clamp makes it easy to fix the microphone securely on the top hoop of most drums or percussion instruments. An external shock mount provides high mechanical-noise rejection. A special snap-on stabilizer knee will keep the gooseneck bent at a defined angle. The C 518 M features an integrated, switchable bass cut for adjusting the microphone’s frequency response to your instrument’s sound.
The unique adapter plate A 400 allows easy attachment of the AKG pocket transmitters.
- Miniature cardioid condenser clamp-on microphone with shock mounted capsule
- Ideal for miking drums and percussions
- Including wireless direct adapter for easy use with AKG pocket transmitters
- Detachable microphone cable
- Integrated gooseneck
- Continuously adjustable vise type clamp