Faster is just the beginning. The new MacBook features the latest Intel Core 2 Duo processors, larger hard drives, and up to 2GB of memory standard. It’s the same does-everything-you-want notebook but better.
Eye-catching. All over.
A durable polycarbonate shell, a vibrant glossy display, and a low-profile keyboard make for an all-around experience as impressive as MacBook itself.
Fast gets faster.
The new MacBook picks up considerable speed — up to 2.4GHz — with Intel’s next-generation Core 2 Duo processor. Run your applications faster than ever before.
Do everything, anywhere.
Built into MacBook is advanced AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi. So you can get online at home, school, the office, and anywhere you find Wi-Fi.
Sometimes your work needs room. So extend your MacBook desktop by connecting a 20- or 23-inch Apple Cinema Display. But why stop the add-ons there? Your MacBook also includes two USB 2.0 ports, a FireWire 400 port, Gigabit Ethernet, audio input and headphone jacks, and a convenient lock slot.
When you want to burn a party mix CD or a Hollywood-caliber iMovie creation, do so on a 24x Combo drive or an 8x double-layer SuperDrive.
The MagSafe Power Adapter is just that: a magnetic connection instead of a physical one. So tripping over a power cord won’t send your shiny new MacBook flying off a table or desk. The cord simply breaks cleanly away, without damage to either the cord or the system.
With two-finger scrolling, the trackpad becomes a fast track to wherever you want to go. And if you come from a right-click world, it’s easy to make the MacBook fit in your comfort zone. There are shortcuts for right-click functionality, forward delete, and more.
Opening and closing your MacBook is a pleasure, thanks to a magnetic latch that catches without a catch. And because it's a magnet, there are no moving parts to snag, jam, or break.
Lights, MacBook, action.
Cleverly integrated above your MacBook display is an iSight camera. You can be there without being there using iChat. Video chat with a buddy, share a photo slideshow with Mom, or run through a presentation with a colleague. Since you're close-up ready, use iSight with Photo Booth for fun photo effects. Or star in your own indie flick with iMovie. Like everything Mac, your iSight just works. No need to waste valuable primping time installing software or configuring the camera. Just smile.
What’s in the Box
- 60W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Lithium-polymer battery
- Display polishing cloth
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Operating System - Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard - The world’s most advanced operating system offers hundreds of breakthrough innovations and applications, including:
- Cover Flow
- Quick Look
- Time Machine
- iLife ’08 suite for creating photo projects, making movies, designing DVDs, building websites, and composing music
- Front Row
- Photo Booth
- 13.3-inch glossy widescreen 1280 x 800 display
- 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 3MB shared L2 cache
- 800MHz frontside bus
- 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, expandable to 4GB
- 250GB Serial ATA hard drive running at 5400 rpm, with Sudden Motion Sensor
- a slot-load 8x SuperDrive with double-layer support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW) optical drive
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
- Mini-DVI out (adaptors for DVI, VGA and Composite/S-Video sold separately)
- built-in iSight video camera
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n wireless networking and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- two USB 2.0 ports and one FireWire 400 port
- one audio line in and one audio line out port, each supporting both optical digital and analogue
- Scrolling trackpad
- 60 Watt MagSafe Power Adaptor