The M3 heralds the third generation of Korg Workstation synthesizers. The M1 started it all, first appearing in 1988 to bring the world a new concept called the “music workstation.” It went on to become the best selling workstation in history, and was further expanded and enhanced through the T and O1/W series.
Korg M3 88 Expanded Workstation Keyboard / Sampler
The M3 heralds the third generation of Korg Workstations. The M1 started it all, first appearing in 1988 to bring the world a new concept called the “music workstation.” It went on to become the best selling workstation in history, and was further expanded and enhanced through the T and O1/W series.
Trinity defined a new level of innovations including touch screen technology, and was the forbearer of the successful TRITON range of products.
Now Korg is poised to refine the workstation category once again. With a number of innovations distilled from the flagship OASYS including the new EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator derived from the HD-1 engine design, the advanced second-generation KARMA functionality, and the multi-purpose control surface, the M3 has learned a lot from its upper-end sibling. Adding innovations such as the new concept of “virtualized hardware” that allows an even closer integration with DAW systems, and the new "Korg Komponent System" concept that facilitates more flexible system construction, the M3 music workstation/sampler opens a new and exciting page in music making, and is the workstation that rightfully deserves to wear the “M” that started it all.
The 88-key model features the RH3 (Real Weighted Hammer Action 3) keyboard that reproduces the playing sensation of a grand piano, in which the low range has a heavier feel, with the touch becoming lighter as you play upward on the keyboard, allowing superb response to fine movements of your fingers.
Need A Case For This Keyboard? We've selected a few just for you.
|Standard Gig Bag
* New EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator derived from the OASYS's HD-1 engine supports up to four-way velocity switching, and features powerful filter configurations plus advanced modulation possibilities, producing rich and vivid sounds.
* A gigantic 256 Mbytes (16-bit linear data equivalent) of 48 kHz sampled PCM memory contains a total of 1,028 multisamples and 1,606 drum samples, including many stereo and velocity-switched elements.
* The same second-generation KARMA functionality featured on the OASYS, an all-new Drum Track function, the Open Sampling System, and a high-resolution16-track MIDI sequencer provide a new production environment that lets you seamlessly combine your inspirations into completed form.
* The color touch-view GUI ensures excellent operability, with the display also able to be used as an X-Y control. Eight dynamic pads and a multi-function control surface give you a high degree of control and expressive capability.
* Virtualized Hardware via a new Firewire functionality allows the M3 to be closely integrated into your DAW system.
* Korg Komponent System --- a new concept that lets you flexibly construct your system from hardware units.
* Simple, elegant, and warm design using a combination of contrasting materials.
* Choose from four models (61-key, 73-key, 88-key, or a sound module), with the 61 and 73 key versions premiering a newly-develop keyboard that feels great and increases both expression and control.
* A rich array of expansion possibilities includes the EXB-RADIAS (a RADIAS-derived analog modeling synthesizer board), the EXB-M256 (PCM sample memory expansion), the EXB-FW board that allows virtualized hardware expansion via a single FireWire cable, and EX-USB-PCM series libraries to be released in the future.