Bursting with new innovative features the Tyros2 is a true musical powerhouse.
Bursting with new innovative features the Tyros2 is a true musical powerhouse. Revolutionary Super Articulation Technology delivers the best and most expressive voices we've ever put into a keyboard. 400 dynamic accompaniment styles meticulously recreate every nuance of the world's most popular musical genres. With the brand new Hard Disk Recorder, you can not only record what you play, but also what you sing to an optionally installed hard disk drive. Use the Vocal Harmony effects to further enhance your recording. The Tyros2 is a veritable treasure chest of inspiration for all your musical applications.
- 504 Voices, including brand new Super Articulation Technology
- 400 Accompaniment Styles powered by MegaVoice
- Hard Disk Recorder (with optional hard disk drive)
- One Touch Setting and Music Finder provide instant professional sounds.
- Text Viewer
MegaVoice - Used primarily in MIDI recording, the MegaVoices provide enhanced realism and expression for your songs. They make special use of velocity switching, with completely different sounds in the various velocity ranges. For example, a guitar MegaVoice has mutes, slides and finger noise assigned to different velocity ranges, making the voice difficult to "play" in real time, but very useful when creating realistic MIDI tracks. Special MEGAEnhancer software Tyros2 (free download) automatically converts your conventional song data for MegaVoice use.
Voices - The Tyros2 has over 500 dynamic, realistic Voices, covering virtually every instrument category in the real world, as well as other-world-like sounds! The Organ Flutes section has a wealth of organ sounds from Theatre to Jazz and Classical to Rock, while the special Live!, Cool! and Sweet! categories give you a huge palette of acoustic and electronic instrument Voices, using stereo and multilayered samples to fully capture the natural presence, expression and vibrato of the real instruments.
Effects - Tyros2 has a comprehensive set of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) tools, effects that let you enhance the sound with the recreated ambience of a concert hall or the warmth of chorusing, or even a rich rotary speaker effect. Versatile EQ processing gives you fine control over the overall tone and timbre. Plus, there are many special effects you can use, such as Distortion, Auto Wah and Pitch Change, to completely transform the sound of each Voice.
Super Articulation - Introducing a completely new level of sonic realism and musical expressiveness. The remarkably authentic Voices feature the unique performance characteristics of each instrument, the expressive finger-slides on the guitar, or the breathy, legato phrasing of a saxophone. Never before have string, wind and brass instruments, played live with a keyboard, sounded so convincing or so real!
Styles and Multi Pads - If you're looking for a pro backing band to support your performance, the Tyros2 has everything you could ask for, and more. The 400 built-in accompaniment Styles, each with 15 different sections, and the versatile real-time controls give you the power to perform fully arranged songs, instantly, intuitively and interactively. To spice up your performance, use the Multi Pads to trigger a wide selection of one-shot phrases and special loops while you play.
Music Finder - When you want to play in a certain genre of music but don't know which settings to choose, what can you do? Music Finder has the answer. It features over 1,800 preset records, each with its own specially selected Style and Voice settings and choice of four registrations.
One Touch Settings - This versatile performance feature provides four specially programmed settings for each Style. Simply select the Style you want, then press one of the One Touch Setting buttons, and the Tyros2 is instantly reconfigured, with the proper Voices and effects, for playing in that style of music.
Registration Memory - Eight Registration Memory presets give you instant, total recall of your favorite panel settings, including which song and Style are selected, and which Voices are assigned to the keyboard.
Vocal Harmony - Connect a microphone, and let the Tyros2 automatically add backup singers to your voice! The added vocal harmony parts instantly follow the chords you play, and you can even select different harmony styles to match the music.
FSX keyboard - The Tyros2 features the highest quality synthesizer keyboard we've ever made: the FSX keyboard. Physically, the keys are of high-precision manufacture and offer greater durability than conventional models. Most importantly, however, the keyboard has enhanced touch response, making it the most expressive and musical keyboard in its class.
Song Creating - Thanks to the built-in 16-track MIDI sequencer, the Tyros2 is truly a songwriter's delight. Record your keyboard performance in real time or use the Step Record feature to enter each note individually. There's even an Easy Record function that lets you instantly record fully arranged songs, including accompaniment styles, just pres REC and START/STOP! Use the quantize features to automatically clean up the timing of your performance, and replace specific song sections with the easy Punch In/Out recording function.
Style Creating - The accompaniment power of the Tyros2 extends far beyond the hundreds of professionally arranged built-in styles of the instrument. With the versatile Style Creator feature, you can change the content of existing styles or even create your own new, original styles from scratch. Or combine various parts from different styles and come up with unusual "hybrid" accompaniments.
Voice Creating - Voice Creator and Voice Set are two powerful features that let you craft your own Custom Voices. Voice Creator allows you to import your own audio samples and waveforms, and assign them to the keys as desired, letting you build completely new Voices with completely new sounds. Voice Set gives you tools for editing a Voice, changing its filter, envelope and vibrato settings, as well as making modulation assignments and adjusting the EQ and effects.
Hard Disk Recorder - Directly record the sound of the Tyros2 to an optional installed hard disk drive as digital audio data, for pristine, absolutely noise-free audio quality. Naturally, you can record your voice, guitar or other acoustic and electric instruments as well, and mix them with the Tyros2 sound. Overdub additional parts as desired to the stereo track, too. And if you have a computer and audio editing software, edit the sound file as needed, and then re-import it to the Tyros2.
Connect to computer - You'll find that the Tyros2 is extremely computer friendly. The built-in USB connections let you freely exchange and save your important data, and use your computer to take full control over the Tyros2 features. A single USB connection lets you access both MIDI ports, for up to 32 channels of MIDI recording. Two separate USB TO DEVICE terminals are included, one on the front panel, for convenient connection of storage devices such as USB memory sticks.
Extensive software - Connect to a computer and extend the musical potential of the Tyros2. Included with the instrument is the Tyros2 Voice Editor, which provides comprehensive, eay-to-use control over the voice and effect parameters. Data is transferred between the computer and Tyros2 in real time, so you can play the voice as soon as you've edited it. Another versatile tool is the MEGAEnhancer for Tyros2 (free download), which converts conventional MIDI song data for use with the amazing MegaVoices.
Compatible - Naturally, the Tyros2 is backwards compatible with the original Tyros and can play all of your existing music software, reading and playing SFF (style), SMF (song) as well as DOC (song) files. Tyros2 also supports the sound standards GM, GM2 and XG. A convenient File Converter application for your PC is also included which allows registration data from the PSR-9000 and 9000Pro models to be converted and played back on the Tyros2.
Online, On-demand Music (IDC) - Bring your Tyros2 online and tap into the worldwide music network! Yamaha has created a new, essential online service for musicians everywhere: Internet Direct Connection (IDC). IDC lets you connect the Tyros2 directly to the Internet, without a computer, letting you delve into thousands of MIDI songs on our custom website, and download your favorite music for playback on the Tyros2.
Large color display - One of the first things you notice about the Tyros2 is its beautiful extra-large, full-color, high-resolution display. The adjustable display tilts up for ease in viewing, and shows all important settings and parameters at a glance. The display signal can also be sent to an external monitor, perfect for sing-along events and houses of worship.
Score and Lyrics display - When we gave the Tyros2 an extra large display, we decided to give it some extra display features as well. These include display of the song notation (score) and lyrics (for songs that have score and lyric data). A special Text display function allows you to show text files you've created on your computer, making it possible to display lyrics for songs that don't have lyric data, or for creating your own onscreen chord charts and song memos.
Making learning fun and easy - The Tyros2 also has a wealth of features that enhance your music studies, making it both fun and easy to learn new songs. There are keyboard guide functions that pause song playback and wait for you to play the correct notes. There's even a bouncing ball in the display that shows you in real time what melody notes to play. Tyros2 has convenient performance and learning features for singers as well, adding to your playing enjoyment.
Expandability - As your musical needs grow, the Tyros2 can grow with them. Install a hard disk drive inside the instrument and gain massive storage capability for your Custom Voices, Styles, Registrations and song data, as well as storage for audio created with the Hard Disk Recorder function. Add the optional TRS-MS02 speakers with subwoofer, and enjoy a full, self-contained keyboard system. For maximum expressive potential and easy program changes, hook up the MFC10 MIDI foot controller.
- Control Interface
- Type: FSX
- Number of Keys: 61 keys (C1 - C6) Initial touch/Aftertouch
Touch Response: Yes
After Touch: Yes
- Type: LCD
- Color: Color
- Size: 640 x 480 dots VGA Color LCD
- Back Light: Yes
- Score Display: Yes
- Lyrics Display: Yes
- Wallpaper Customization: Yes
- Other Controllers
- Pitch Bend: Yes
- Modulation: Yes
- Multi Pads: 120, Pad 1-4, Stop, Select
- Tone Generation
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM Dynamic Stereo Sampling
- Number of Voices: 504 (486 Normal + 18 Mega) + 10 Organ Flute + 480 XG + 256 GM2 + 23 Drum kits + 6 SFX kits (And GS Voices for GS Song playback)
- Featured Voices: MegaVoices (18 voices) Small Strings, Large Strings, Brass, Tenor Sax, Trumpet, Nylon Guitar, Solid Guitar 1/2, Steel Guitar, Hi String Guitar, 12Strings Guitar, Clean Guitar, Overdrive, Distortion, Acoustic Bass, Finger Bass, Pick Bass, Fretless Bass | Sweet! Voices (23 voices) Jazz/Pop/Ballad TenorSax, Growl Sax, Tenor Sax, Alto Sax, Soprano Sax, Jazz/Silver/Golden Trumpet, Cornet, Trumpet, Mute Trumpet, Flugel Horn, Trombone, Violin, Harmonica, Mandolin, Oboe, Clarinet, Flute, Pan Flute, Classical Flute | Live! Voices (58 voices) Dynamic Strings, Spiccato, Dynamic Brass, Power Brass, French Horn, Sax Section, Dynamic Steel Guitar, Grand Piano, Dynamic Nylon, Guitar, Gospel Choir, etc. | Live! Drums (9 drum kits) Live! PowerKit 1/2, Live! Studio, Live! Standard 1/2, Live! Brush, Live! Symphony, Live! PopLatin, Live! Cuban | Cool! Voices (39 voices) Sparkle Stack, Curved Bars, Slide Solid, Clean Guitar, Jazz Guitar, Power Lead, etc. | Organ Flutes!, 10 Presets | Super Articulation Voices (42 voices) Concert Strings, Tremolo Bowing 1/2, Big Band Brass, Brass Fall f/mf, Trumpet, Trumpet Shake1/2, Saxophone, Concert Guitar, FlamencoGuitar, Steel Guitar, Warm Solid, Guitar Hero, Feedbacker, Magic Bell, etc.
- GM: Yes (Level 2)
- XG: Yes
- XF: Yes
- Sound Creator: Voice setting Editor / Voice Creator with Wave Assign
- Sampling: Custom Voice
- Optional Wave Capacity: 4MB (Pre-installed) / 1024MB (Optional)
- Accompaniment Styles
- Number of Preset Styles: 11 Categories 400 Styles (Pro Styles: 357, Session Styles: 43)
- Featured Styles: MegaVoice Styles (used by preset styles)
- Variations: Intro x 3, Fill In x 4, Main x 4, Break x 1, Ending x 3
- Fingering: Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered,Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Style Creator: Yes
- User Styles: Yes
- Other Features
- One Touch Setting (OTS): 4 for Each Style (Programmable), with OTS Link
- Music Finder/Music Database: Preset: 1,835 records Edit: Programmable. Up to 2,500 records
- Playback Function: PLAY, PAUSE, STOP, REC, FF, REW
- Number of Preset Songs: 5
- Number of User Songs: Unlimited (depending on the storage media's capacity)
- Song Position Jump: 4 point / Loop
- Recording Function: Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording, Song Editing
- Number of Songs: Unlimited (depending on the storage media's capacity)
- Number of Channels: 16
- Compatible Data Format
- Playback: SMF (Format 0 & 1), ESEQ, XF, Style File
- Recording: SMF (Format 0)
- Hard Disk Recording
- Control: Play, Pause, Stop, Rec, Prev, Next
- Playlist: Repeat, Sort, Shuffle, Marking
- File Format: Wave (16-bit, 44.1KHz, Stereo)
- Blocks: Reverb/Chorus/DSPs:6, Microphone:1
- Reverb: 34 presets + 3 users
- Chorus: 30 presets + 3 users
- DSP: DSP Effect For Style: 189 presets + 3 users DSP Effect For R1/R2/R3/Left: 189 presets + 10 users DSP Effect For Mic: 189 presets + 10 users
- Equalizer: Master EQ x 7, 2-band EQ x 29
- Master EQ: 5 Bands : 5 presets + 2 users
- Part EQ: 2 Bands: 29 Parts (R1, R2, R3, Left, MultiPad, Style x 8, Song x 16)
- Master Compressor: 5 presets + 5 users
- Others: Mic effects: Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
- Split: Yes. Separete split points for Chord and Voice (LEFT)
- Poly/Mono: Yes
- Panel Sustain: Yes
- Accompany Style Related
- Vocal Harmony: 60 presets + 10 users
- Auto Harmony: Harmony/Echo (17 presets)
- Guide: Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Vocal CueTIME
- Guide Lamp: No
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT): Yes
- Yamaha Education Suite (YES): No
- Demonstration: Overall Demo, Function Demo
- Registration Memory
- Control: Bank +/-, Regist Sequence, Freeze
- Number of Buttons: 8 x unlimited banks (depending on the storage media's capacity)
- Overall Controls
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 500, Tap Tempo
- Transpose: -12 - 0 - 12 (Assignable Keyboard / Song / Master) Upper Octave (-1, 0, +1) Part Octave (-2, -1, 0, +1, +2)
- Tuning: 414.8 - 440 - 466.8 Hz
- Scale Type: 9 presets
- Language for Display: 5 Languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian)
Direct Access: Yes
- Storage and Connectivity
- HDD: 2.5 inch IDE (Optional, Internal)
- Floppy Disk: Optional
- Flash Memory (Internal): 3.2MB
- External Drives: Optional USB Flash Memory, USB Hard Disk Drive, etc. (via USB to DEVICE)
- Optional Memory: 168 pin DIMM x 2 (1024MB)
- Internet: Internet Direct Connection : External Adapter (via USB to DEVICE)
- USB: Yes
- USB TO DEVICE: 2 terminals (Front/Back) USB Flash Memory, USB Hard Disk Drive, etc.
- To Host: Yes
- Headphones: Yes
- MIDI: MIDI A (IN/OUT), MIDI B (IN/OUT)
- AUX Pedal: Yes (Switch or Volume x 3, optional)
- AUX Audio In: Yes
- AUX Audio Out: Main Line Output (L/L+R, R) Sub Output 1, Sub Output 2
- Loop Send: Loop Send (L/L+R, R) / AUX Out (Level Fixed): Selectable
- Loop Return: Loop Return (L/L+R, R) / Aux In
- Microphone: Yes (Mic./Line in Stereo)
- Video Out: RGB Out, NTSC / PAL Composite
- External Speaker: To Satellite Speaker (L/R), To Sub Woofer (L/R)
- Bundled Software
- Other: TYROS2 Voice Editor
- Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers: Optional Speaker (TRS-MS02)
- Power Supply
- Width: 114.0 cm
- Depth: 45.0 cm (53.6 cm with music rest)
- Height: 13.7 cm (37.1 cm with music rest)
- Weight: 14.5 kg (15.5 kg with music rest)