Audio monitoring precision is lifted to an entirely new level of accuracy with the introduction of the 8240A bi-amplified DSP monitoring system. Boasting performance comparable to much larger systems, the compact and powerful 8240A package is ideal in applications where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited. The 8240A is the ideal monitoring tool for recording studios, post-production houses, broadcast installations, digital edit suites, home studios and mobile production vehicles.
The 8240A builds on the rock-solid technology of the highly-acclaimed 8040A, featuring an ingenious, flow optimized, reflex port that provides solid, clear and articulated low frequencies without compression, distortion or port noises. Combined with the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™) and the rounded edges and gently curved front and sides of the MDE™ (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™) enclosure, the result is an astoundingly flat frequency response both on and off axis. Other benefits include superb imaging precision and minimum listening fatigue.
Carefully designed dsp crossover filters with extremely steep roll-off characteristics feed dedicated power amplifiers for each of the low distortion drivers. The 8240A features magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls as standard. The Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) control network and software enhances further the performance of the 8240A: it features adjustment of levels, distance delays and flexible room response improvement equalization with the reliable and robust AutoCal™ automated calibration system via the GLM™ control network. The 8240A has both analog and AES digital inputs in combination with a digital thru connection.
Each 8240A comes with an Iso-Pod™ (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler™) which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The Iso-Pod™ also allows the monitor to be angled so that its acoustic axis points directly at the listener. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the 8240A includes integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, with an additional M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base.
- Input format: Analog and Digital
- Input word length: 16 -24 bits
- Digital Input: AES/EBU (single/dual wire)
- Connector type: XLR female input
- Input sampling rate: 32 -192 kHz
- Control network: Proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager network (GLM™)
- System calibration: AutoCal™, GLM™ manual, Stand-alone
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz ≥ 105 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material ≥ 115 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass: 6.5"
- Treble: 3/4" metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 1 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch:
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D)
- mm: 350 x 237 x 223 mm (Height with Iso-Pod™ 365 mm)
inches: 13 13/16 x 9 3/8 x 8 13/16" (Height with Iso-Pod™ 14 3/8")
- Speaker weight: 9.4 kg (20.8 lb)