dfh EZdrummer is a multi-microphone drum sampler designed for musicians and producers in need of a compact, affordable, easy to handle plug-in without compromising sound quality or control.
The visualized drums in the interface combines auditioning of sounds and drumkit construction. The extensive drag and drop midi-library (featuring 2000+ midifiles) enables users to create a great drumtrack in just a few clicks. For more advanced handling, users can control microphone bleeding and levels between drums using the internal mixer. The mixer also allows stereo and multitrack routing into the host through one single plug-in, and thanks to the second generation Toontrack Percussive Compression (TPC), system requirements are kept to a minimum.
The drums for dfh EZD were recorded, produced and played with the best in the business. From our pro Superior line we’ve adopted a humanizing feature that is instrumental in making our drum samplers the pinnacle in digital drum production.
With dfh EZdrummer, Toontrack have stepped into the next generation of acoustic drum-samplers.
You’re welcome to follow!
dfh EZdrummer facts and features:
- 7500 sound files at 16-bit / 44.1kHz equivalent to 5Gb of uncompressed wav files.
- Same extensive layer depth on all drums and cymbals as in EZdrummers big brother - dfh SUPERIOR
- dfh EZD ranges from entry level usability to pro handling
- Features multiple microphone control
- TPC II reduces system requirements to a minimum
- Operates in General MIDI
- Internal mixer allows stereo and multitrack routing into the host through one single plug in
- Preset mix modes for quick sound changes
- Interface visualizes the drums loaded and combines auditioning and kit construction
- Drums recorded at Avatar Studios, New York by worldclass drummers and producers
- Instant access to a large midi library of drum patterns with prelistening, quick browsing and drag’n’drop functionality.
- The humanizer function combines drum hit randomizing and non-cycling
- Velocity sweep allows instant changes to Midi data, extending groove context relevance.
- Possibilities for the user to add their own midi files to the library.
The Vintage Rock Brushes and Sticks EZX contains one of the kits from the soon to be released Superior Vintage Add-on, the Ludwig Keystone Drum Set.
The Ludwig Drum Company had little idea what was about to hit them in the months following February 9th 1964, The Beatles debut U.S. Television appearance on The Ed Sullivan Show. The band were a sensation and almost overnight everyone wanted to own a set of Ludwig drums just like Ringo's. In fact, Ludwig were still struggling to keep up with demand when along came another drumming icon John Bonham. As well as his use of the Supraphonic snare drum, Bonham popularised larger sizes, including the 24'' bass drum similar to the one sampled for the Vintage Brushes and Sticks EZX. This 60's era Ludwig set belongs to 2khz Studio owner Nick Yeatman and we were very happy he lent it to us so we could capture that phat and funky Ludwig sound.
The Ludwig Keystone Kit has been mixed by producer Peter Henderson and Mattias Eklund from Toontrack Music and with it we´ve added the classic Ludwig Black Beauty and a Slingerland Radio King snares, a number of cool complimentary cymbals and topped it all up with customized midi for both sticks and brushes. Detailed information on system requirements and prices will be available shortly.
- Ludwig Keystone (1960's) 14x24'' (Felt and Plastic Beater)
- Racktom, Ludwig Keystone (1960's) 9x13'' (Sticks & Brushes)
- Floortom, Ludwig Keystone (1960's) 16x16'' (Sticks & Brushes)
- Black Beauty 20's 5x14'' (Sticks & Brushes)
- Ludwig B/O Supraphonic (1970's) 6,5x14'' (Sticks & Brushes)
- Ludwig B/O Supraphonic Low Tuning 6,5x14'' (Sticks)
- Slingerland Radioking 1940's 7x14'' (Sticks)
- 13'' K Zildjian Istanbul (1960's) (Sticks)
- 15'' Paiste Formula 602 Medium (Sticks & Brushes)
- 17'' Zildjian Dark Crash (Sticks & Brushes)
- 18'' Paiste Signature Fast Crash (Sticks & Brushes)
- 16'' Paiste Signature Fast Crash (Sticks & Brushes)
- 17'' K Zildjian Dark Crash (Sticks & Brushes)
- 22'' Zildjian Swish Knocker (Sticks & Brushes)
- 17'' Pasite Signature Fast Crash (Sticks & Brushes)
- 22'' A Zildjian Ride (1950's) (Sticks & Brushes)
- 20'' K Zildjian Heavy Ride (Sticks & Brushes)
- 1.5Gb free hard disc space
- Windows XP, PIII/Athlon 1,8 GHz with 512 Mb RAM
- Mac OS X 10.2.8, G4 1 GHz with 512 Mb RAM
- VST, Audio Units.
- RTAS coming soon.
BEFORE PURCHASING THIS PLEASE CHECK THE MANUFACTURERS WEBSITE FORUMS AS THERE ARE A NUMBER OF KNOWN COMPATIBILITY ISSUES WITH FOR INSTANCE LOGIC