The MOTU Audio 24I/O interface fulfills the promise of host-based hard disk recording: to record, edit, mix process, and master multitrack recording projects entirely inside the computer. It provides 24 high quality, 24-bit/96kHz analog inputs and outputs in a cost effective, single rack space package, allowing you to connect and record from 24 simultaneous analog sources.
The 24I/O uses the same PCI-424 card that comes with the 2408mk3. You can connect up to four audio interfaces to a PCI-424 in any combination to create a system that fits your needs.
The PCI-424 card features a powerful DSP chip dedicated to creating a custom tailored monitor mix of up to 96 channels of 96kHz audio. Because the mixing takes place on the card itself, instead of making the round trip from the PCI bus to the host processor, the system provides the same near-zero latency performance as today's latest digital mixers. CueMix DSP completely eliminates the buffer latency associated with monitoring on host-based systems. Because the DSP is mixing for you, your computer's CPU is free for other tasks.
The PCI-424 card included with 24I/O core systems is fully compatible with legacy MOTU interfaces originally designed for the PCI-324 card. Connect any MOTU PCI interface, including the 2408mk3, 2408mkII, 2408, 1296, 1224, 24I/O, and 308. Mix and match new and legacy interfaces as you please. All connected interfaces can take full advantage of the PCI-424's CueMix DSP features.
- Expandable - connect up to four 24I/O units to a PCI-424 audio card for a total of 96 inputs and outputs. Use as many simultaneous channels as host software and computer allow.
- 100% compatible with all MOTU Audio Wire interfaces. Mix and match MOTU audio interfaces (up to four at once) to meet your exact I/O needs.
- ASIO drivers for Mac OS and Windows - provides multi-channel 24-bit I/O for all leading ASIO-compliant audio software on both computer platforms.
- Multichannel WDM driver - provides simultaneous inputs/outputs for all Windows audio applications that support standard WDM and multi-channel Wave drivers.
- 100% compatible with VST, MAS, Premiere, DirectX, and all other host-based native plug-in formats supported by today's popular audio programs. Does not require proprietary plug-ins.
- Word clock - resolves to time code or any other external time base via MOTU's Digital Timepiece synchronizer or any other standard digital audio synchronization device.
- Resolves directly to SMPTE time code (LTC) with fast lock-up and sub-frame accuracy.
- 24 analog inputs/outputs with 24-bit, 96kHz converters on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS connectors
- 16, 20 and 24-bit recording at 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz kHz
- ADAT sync input on PCI-424 card
- Word clock
- Includes cross-platform PCI-424 card