This unit is B-Stock as it was returned by a customer who found it unsuitable.
There's nothing quite like that screaming resonance of a 303 -18dB/octave low pass filter. That's why Roland have gone to incredible lengths recreating the precise sound of the 80's original. Developing their own Analogue Circuit Behaviour technology to ensure the TB-3 comes complete with all the hardcore distortion, acid squelch and sweet bubbling basslines.
Hands On With The Touch Pad
This is where a hugely significant improvement is made on the original. A bright, pressure sensisitve touch pad lets you create patterns on the fly, change settings and control modulation. Fiddle, tweak and press to get the perfect sequence. You can also play it like a keyboard if that takes your fancy.
- Control the modulation and decay envelope with one finger.
- Transpose, change the patterns and chain them together with finger gestures.
- Internally partitioned at keyboard intervals so it’s easy and natural to play in realtime.
- XY PLAY (X: Continuous pitch change, Y: Volume, Press down on pad: Modulation)
Roland Synth Perfection
Once they nailed down the sound Roland took a close look at the Accent, Slide, and Step Sequencer functions. These could be rather awkward on the TB-303, resulting in occasional unintended variations. So the exact interaction of these original sequencer functions has been modeled as well.
On top of the awesome analogue emulation there are a range of features designed to make the TB-3 a joy to use in a modern setup.
- Pattern Creation The joy of music making comes from all the little unintended consequences, so Roland implemented automatic generation and random modification of patterns. Patterns support up to 32 steps, pattern copy is at hand to make song creation simple.
- Scatter Use the touch pad to modify glitch effects and manipulate audio on the fly. With 8 forms of Scatter variation and 10 levels of Scatter Depth, playing in sync and in realtime.
- Dedicated Tempo control with shuffle for real movement and tap tempo for easy sync.
Key Tech Features
- The TB-3 Connects via USB to transmit and receive MIDI/Audio data.
- Takes MIDI clock to sync with other AIRA units and MIDI hardware.
||7 segments, 3 characters (LED)
||AC adaptor, or obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
Multi-Effects: 2 systems, 10 types (COMP, RING MOD, BIT CRASHER, TREMORO, CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, DELAY, PITCH SHIFT, REVERB)
Distortion: 25 types
User Patterns: 64
Maximum Step: 32 Steps (each pattern)
PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
USB port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
DC IN jack
240 (W) x 173 (D) x 57 (H) mm
9-1/2 (W) x 6-13/16 (D) x 2-1/4 (H) inches
Weight (excluding AC adaptor)