The Roland HP508 is a welcome addition to the Roland family. Like the HP506 and the HP504, the Roland HP508 Home Piano features the excellent SuperNATURAL sound engine however; the HP508 stands a notch above its competitors thanks to its inclusion of a six speaker acoustic projection system. If you're looking for a digital piano which perfectly replicates the warm rich tones of a grand, then this is the home piano for you.
The Roland HP508 Contemporary Black Home Piano is the ultimate home piano. This beautifully crafted piano boasts a premium six speaker acoustic projection system which produces immaculate rich tones like no other. The HP508 includes all the modern features you would expect from a top of the range Roland model and both touch sensitive keys and individual note voicing have been included with the HP508.
If you like to compose, or simply share your performances, the Roland HP5048 CB allows you to do both with its new built-in recorder. A popular feature of Roland Digital Pianos is the fact that you can do all of this without making a noise. The HP508 has pushed the boat out with their headphone socket which now includes 3D ambience effects to ensure you achieve a rich, immersive sound experience at all times.
- Enjoy superior sound with SuperNATURAL Piano, which delivers the rich, complex tone of an authentic acoustic grand
- New PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel features Roland’s latest high-resolution touch-detection technology
- Fortissimo playing styles are fully expressed with the new Dynamic Harmonic feature, which provides both a unique tonal character and powerful sound
- Use new Individual Note Voicing to customize the sound to your taste by adjusting the pitch, volume, and character of each note independently
- Headphones 3D Ambience effect offers a rich, immersive sound experience while using headphones for private practice
- Six-channel Acoustic Projection audio system provides the organic, multi-dimensional sound field of an acoustic piano
- Display music scores and select HP508 tones and songs with the free Piano Partner app for iPad
- Play along with favorite songs in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the free Air Performer app
- Built-in recorder lets you capture your performances as MIDI or audio files (optional USB flash memory is required for audio recording)
- Convenient features for daily playing, such as independent volume for headphones, Volume Limit function, and an adjustable music rest
- Bold and elegant design; available in Polished Ebony, Simulated Rosewood, or Contemporary Black finishes.
Enjoy the Sophisticated Sound of an Authentic Grand with SuperNATURAL Piano
With the HP500 series, you’ll lose yourself in a beautiful and immersive piano experience every time you sit down and play, thanks to Roland’s acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano technology. Just like a fine acoustic grand, each note has its own character, and the tonal color changes seamlessly in response to your touch to accurately translate your emotions into sound. Tone decay is natural and organic, with the sound not only decreasing in volume, but also gradually changing in color to a softer tone. In addition to authentic grand piano tones, upright piano tones are now included as well, which provide the unique short decay and up-close sound of a traditional upright instrument.
Explore an Expanded Range of Dynamic Expression
As you refine your piano skills, your ability to play with a strong touch will improve, and the unique overtone characteristics created with fortissimo playing will provide a new palette of tonal colors for you to explore. The newly developed Dynamic Harmonic feature allows you to adjust these characteristics to your taste, offering a deep level of expressive control that will be welcomed by more experienced players as well.
Customize the Sound to Suit Your Playing Style or Living Space
It’s easy to modify the sound of the HP500 series for your personal playing style or a specific musical genre. Using the onboard Piano Designer, you can easily adjust overall tonal elements such as string resonance, soundboard behavior, and many others. For even more detailed customization, the newly developed Individual Note Voicing feature lets you adjust the pitch, level, and tonal character independently for all 88 notes. In addition to personal tone shaping, this unique and powerful voicing option is also useful for balancing the overall piano sound to perfectly suit the acoustic properties of any room or the response of a particular set of headphones. With the HP508 and HP506, you can store your custom settings to optional USB memory and recall them as needed to change the piano’s sound for any application.
Set Your Inspiration Free with Unparalleled Touch Response
As your expressive skills develop, your piano performances will shine with the HP500 series. The newly developed PHA-4 Concert (HP508/HP506) and Premium (HP504) keyboards include Roland’s latest touch-detection technology and escapement mechanism, allowing you to deeply explore SuperNATURAL Piano’s expansive tonal range. With fast key repetition and high-resolution sensing, the PHA-4 faithfully translates into sound the subtlest differences in tone from different playing styles and dynamics, and the keys are finished with specially developed materials that have moisture-absorbing properties to provide the natural texture and tactile sensation of real ivory and ebony keys on a fine acoustic grand. The PHA-4’s authentic hammer-action mechanism also produces less audible noise than previous designs, a welcome feature for not disturbing others when playing with the speakers muted during practice sessions with headphones.
Authentic Damper Pedal Response
All models in the HP500 series come equipped with a Progressive Damper Action pedal that accurately replicates the true damper pedal behavior of an acoustic piano. It features the continuous tactile response that experienced players expect, with light resistance when the pedal is first pressed and more resistance as the damper function begins to take effect. This allows for more intuitive control while playing, and makes it possible to execute advanced “half-pedal” techniques that provide subtle degrees of control over sustain and resonance.