The Yamaha Arius YDP162B Digital Piano in Black is an outstanding piano sound and response in a compact and stylish cabinet. A fantastic, modern take on teh traditional upright, it'll look stylish in any home.
With its newly developed keyboard, piano sound and cabinet design, the YDP-162 is a superb digital piano both the beginner and the more advanced pianist.
Suitable for advanced players as well as beginners, the new Graded Hammer action is weighted to match the resistance of the hammers in a grand piano. Synthetic Ivory Keytops give the porous, tactile feel that you would expect from an acoustic piano manufacturer like Yamaha. Its surface absorbs finger moisture allowing serious pianists to play comfortably for longer periods of time.
PureCF Sound Engine starts with a meticulous recording of Yamaha's acclaimed concert grand piano. This recording contains a number of dynamic levels from pianissimo to fortissimo so you can experience the delicate sound of a soft touch or the pure power of two-handed chords.
The YDP-162's cabinet is slightly taller than some models which creates a more substantial upright piano look and delivers a richer tone.
Optimal tone at any volume level
The Acoustic Optimizer is a new, unique Yamaha technology. Using a special design and position within the instrument, the Acoustic Optimizer physically adjusts the acoustic flow of sound which controls resonances and enriches the overall tone. The combination of Acoustic Optimizer and digital technologies provides an incredibly expressive capability.
Capture your performance
The built-in, 2-track song recorder is a great way to capture a performance and play it back to hear your progress. You can also record the right and left hands separately.
Dual Voice for added creativity
Combine two Voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience. Nothing enhances piano practice like playing a piece with a different sound, and combining two sounds together takes that creativity one step further.
A piano with its own repertoire
50 classic piano songs are provided in the built-in song memory and also as a music book, "50 Greats for the Piano." Learn how to play these pieces at your own pace either one hand at a time or at a reduced tempo. Or simply listen to the songs as background music.
The power to be heard
The YDP-162's 20 Watt amplifier provides enough sound to fill the largest of rooms in a typical household. The resulting sound is much more impressive than you'd expect from a digital piano of this size.
Ready to connect
Easily connect and interact with a wide variety of educational, music creation or music entertainment apps on a computer or mobile device. Some apps help you learn to play while others help you share your music. The MusicSoft Manager app lets you store songs you have created with the built-in recorder and also lets you add songs obtained from other sources
- Dimensions Width 1,357mm
- Height 845mm [Polished Ebony:847mm]
- Depth 422m [Polished Ebony:423mm]
- Weight Weight 42kg [Polished Ebony:45kg]
- Keyboard Number of Keys 88
- Type GH(Graded Hammer) keyboard with Synthetic ivory keytops
- Touch Sensitivity Hard, Medium, Soft, Fixed
- Pedal Number of Pedals 3
- Half Pedal Yes
- Functions Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
- Panel Language English
- Key Cover Key Cover Style Sliding
- Music Rest Yes
- Tone Generation Piano Sound Pure CF Sound Engine
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 128
- Preset Number of Voices 10
- Effects Types Reverb Yes
- Damper Resonance Yes
- Intelligent Acoustic Control Yes
- Number of Preset Songs 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs
- Recording Number of Songs 1
- Number of Tracks 2
- Compatible Data Format Playback Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0&1
- Recording Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0
- Dual/Layers Yes
- Duo Yes
- Metronome Yes
- Tempo Range 5 - 280
- Transpose -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning Yes
- Internal Memory Uer song : One song approx. 100 KB Loading song data from a computer : Up to 10 songs; Total maximum size approx. 900KB
- Connectivity Headphones x 2
- USB TO HOST Yes
- Amplifiers 20W x 2
- Speakers Oval (12cm x 6cm) x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer Yes
- Power Supply AC power adaptor : PA-300 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Power Consumption 13W (when using the PA-300)
- Auto Power Off Yes
- Included Accessories: Song Book, 50 Greats for the Piano, Owner's Manual, Quick Operation Guide