Three different instrument sections. Organ, Piano and Synth plus an extensive effects section.
Featuring the best of Clavia’s award-winning technologies, the Nord Stage hosts three different instrument sections - Organ, Piano and Synth - plus an extensive effects section. You can use two sounds of each Section simultaneously - that’s two Organ manuals, two Synths, and two Pianos. These can be combined in any split or layered configuration you need for your performance.
The Stage’s user interface is designed from a basic concept: All vital functions are represented on the front panel - easy to access, and never further away than a press of a single button. After more than 20 years of experience in designing instruments to be used by professional musicians, we know how important it is to make the technology completely transparent for the user. With the Nord Stage you only need to focus on your performance, which means never having to struggle with the technology.
Our patented Pitch Stick and Modulation Wheel are included for maximum musical expression. A top-of-the-line weighted hammer-action keyboard makes you feel that the Stage’s sound is balancing at the tip of your fingers, completely under your control. Our efficient Morph Grouping technique is also included, allowing you to assign sound and effects parameters to one physical controller.
All together, the Nord Stage is a musical, reliable, efficient, and roadworthy companion that delivers results, and provides the means to express your passion for playing. Choose from three models; 88, 76 or Compact.
- Organ section with faithful emulations of 3 Classic models.
- Piano section with 6 selectable categories.
- Synth section generating Subtractive, FM and Wavetable synthesis.
- External section making the Nord Stage serve as a master keyboard.
- Effects section adding comprehensive effects to your performance.
Clavia carefully selected a keyboard from Fatar’s professional keyboard line. The Nord Stage 88 hosts a weighted hammer-action keyboard with aftertouch for the right dynamic feel. Since the Stage is a multi-keyboard instrument different software techniques where developed for simulating different types of keyboard action. The Piano features early hammer firing for fast and heavy play, and “bottom touch” for soft play. The Clavinet simulates the hammerless tapping of the strings, making staccato playing techniques more precise. The Organ features highpoint triggering for a light touch and fast playing technique.
- Master Level Control
- Wooden Pitch Stick
- Modulation Wheel
- 21 x 6 Program Locations
- 2 Live Buffers
- 2 Individual Panel Setups
- 3 Morph sources (Modulation Wheel, Control Pedal, Aftertouch)
- Organ Section
- B3 Tone Wheel Organ-, Vox Continental- and Farfisa-models with full polyphony
- 9 Digitally Controlled Drawbars
- Percussion Controls
- Vibrato / Chorus Control
- 2-Part Multitimbral (2 manuals)
- Piano Section
- 2 Acoustic Grands
- 2 Upright Pianos
- 3 Electric Pianos (Mk I, II, V)
- Wurlitzer A200 Electric Piano
- Clavinet D6
- CP-80 Electric Grand
- 40-60 Voices Polyphony
- 4 Selectable Velocity Curves
- Clavinet EQ Controls
- 2-Part Multitimbral
- Synth Section
- Analog synthesis: 10 Modeling Waveforms - including Dual Saw, Hard Sync and PWM
- FM synthesis: 2 & 3 Operator FM Synthesis
- Wavetables synthesis: 32 waveforms
- 16 Voices Polyphony
- Unison Control - with no reduction in polyphony
- Timbre Controls
- Amplitude Envelope
- Modulation Envelope
- 12/24 dB LowPass Filter with Resonance
- 300 Memory Locations, 3 Categories
- 2-Band Equalizer
- 2-Part Multitimbral
- Common Parameters
- Level Control
- Zone (split assignment) Control
- Instrument Effects
- Unit One: Ring Modulator, Tremolo, Pan, Wah 1, Wah 2, AutoWah
- Unit Two: 2 Flangers, 2 Phasers, 2 Choruses Delay - includes Ping Pong and Tap-Tempo Function
- Amplifier/Speaker Simulation: 3 types of Speaker simulations, 3-band Equalizer and Overdrive
- Rotary Speaker: selectable Speed and Overdrive
- Master Effects
- Reverb - 5 Algorithms
- Hammer Action Weighted Keys
- Supports 3 split zones with visual LED indication
- 4 Assignable Audio Outputs
- Stereo Headphone Output
- Sustain Pedal
- Rotor Pedal
- Organ Swell Pedal
- Control Pedal
- MIDI In
- MIDI Out
- 1297 mm (51"), 121 mm (4.5"), 334 mm (13")