Comes with a wide range of quality acoustic and electro-mechanical instruments from the Nord Sample Library, including everything from Strings, Brass, Synths and Basses to the legendary vintage sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.
We take a closer look at the classic sounds available in the Nord Sample Library. Have a listen below.
Create the most realistic sounds you'll get from any digital piano - use the included Nord Triple Pedal to recreate the mechanical “stomp” and “sizzle” noises you'll get from a real Acoustic Grand or Upright Piano. The Advanced String Resonance feature also adds another incredible layer of realism, imitating the subtle effect of when piano strings cause un-dampened neighbouring strings to resonate.
As well as free downloads and updates from the Nord site, you can edit and create your own sample instruments using the Nord Sample Editor, so it's an instrument that grows with you. There are dedicated buttons and knobs for all functions the performing musician needs instead of confusing menus, and even an enormous effects section which includes Phaser, Wah-wah, Flanger, Chorus, Delay, 3-band Equalizer, Amp Simulations, Compressor and Reverb.
- 500 MB memory for Nord Piano Library sounds
- 128 MB memory for Nord Sample Library sounds
- Nord Triple Pedal support (sold separately)
- Advanced String Resonance (Gen 1)
- Pedal Noise (requires Nord Triple Pedal)
- Comprehensive effect section with Modulation, Delay, Amp-simulation, Compressor and Reverb effects.
- Piano All the sounds have been recorded using state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory new Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm.
- Synth The Sample Synth section has dedicated knobs for adjusting the attack and release and volume of the selected sound. Volume can also be controlled with an optional Volume Pedal and the Sustenuto pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal can be used as a separate Sustain/Gate Pedal for the Sample Synth section for advanced layering possibilites.
- Effects Pan, Tremolo, Auto-wah (stereo), Phaser, Flanger and Chorus (stereo), Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button, Twin, JC, Small (mono), Tube distortion (stereo) and compressor (stereo), EQ, Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2
Nord Triple Pedal Features
- Long Release adds a slightly longer release to the tone, which can be suitable when playing legato.
- Advanced String Resonance reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on our Upright and Grand piano sounds.
- Pedal Noise recreates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism, producing the characteristic thomp and sizzle sounds. The Pedal Noise feature responds dynamically to the force/momentum used when pressing or releasing the pedal.