Stage pianos are usually heavy to carry and awkward to transport – hard work when you play regular gigs. The Roland RD-64 is the solution: a pro-spec stage piano with 64-note weighted-action keys, weighing in at around 13kg.
Roland RD-64 Digital Stage Piano
Whether you need realistic piano tones, natural action and feel, varied control features or portability that makes transport and setup a breeze. Sling on the optional CB-61L Carrying Bag, get to the gig easily and play in style.
You get Roland’s sublime Ivory Feel-G keyboard action and SuperNATURAL Piano engine for authentic, playable acoustic piano sounds. It’s all topped off with even more SuperNATURAL-based vintage EPs, plus essential clav and organ tones. The RD-64 is also a flexible MIDI master keyboard, with one-touch setup that unlocks the SuperNATURAL sound potential when used with the INTEGRA-7 sound module or JUPITER-80/-50 synths.
Practical effects and convenient EQ
Onboard effects include a high-quality stereo reverb, plus two effects processors tailored to the RD-64’s tone categories. Options include enhancer and damper resonance for grand piano sounds, tremolo and phaser for EPs, and many more, with quick on/off access via easy-to-reach buttons. There’s even a dedicated rotary effect for the organ, with on/off and speed controls for authentic organ performance. A two-band EQ lets you easily shape the sound via two convenient knobs. Stereo RCA inputs allow you to connect a music player for live backing tracks and rehearsing.
Advanced controller keyboard mode
Controller mode* transforms the RD-64 into a powerful master keyboard complete with assignable knobs, buttons, pitch bend/mod lever, and the D-BEAM - perfect for controlling synths and other devices on stage and in the studio. The one-touch SuperNATURAL button automatically assigns the RD-64’s controllers to use the massive expressive potential of the SuperNATURAL tones in Roland’s INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80 / JUPITER-50 synthesizers.
* When the RD-64 is used in Controller mode, the onboard tones are not available.
Weighs under 13Kg: light, small and easy to move
The RD-64 is a compact, weighted-action stage piano for gigging players. Weighing under 13Kg, the RD-64 fits easily in small vehicles and takes up less space on crowded stages. It’s also ideal for home studios, teaching labs, and mobile composing. The optional CB-61L Carrying Bag gives durable protection when you’re on the move.
- Compact, weighted-action 64-note stage piano
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine with authentic, expressive acoustic piano sounds
- Vintage electric pianos modelled with extraordinary accuracy
- 12 versatile tones onboard, including clav and organ sounds
- 64-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement for a pro-quality piano touch
- Streamlined, light design that’s easy to carry
- Two-band EQ and reverb, plus two multi-effects (EFX 1, EFX 2) for each tone category
- Controller mode* provides MIDI master keyboard functionality, including a dedicated, one-touch setup for controlling SuperNATURAL tones in the INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80 / JUPITER-50 synthesizers
- Pitch bend/mod lever and D-BEAM
- iPad compatibility via Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit