The Nord Stage 2 88 is the largest of the Stage 2 range, with 88 fully-weighted keys!
Living up to it's name the Stage 2 can be found playing live with countless professional musicians. It all starts in the fingers with incredibly realistic action and keeps going from there. Nord developed all their own technology for Organ, Synth and Piano sounds, the Stage 2 brings all this together in one supremely versatile keyboard.
The Stage 2 Piano section has evolved from the multi award winning Nord Piano; featuring our state-of-the-art sampling techniques the Stage 2’s pianos capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the individual source instruments. Combined with the intelligent String Resonance that reproduces the sound of the piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other strings are played, and compatibility with the optional Nord Triple Pedal that adds Dynamic Pedal Noise – the result is breathtaking realism and an unsurpassed expressiveness.
An all-new feature in the Nord Stage 2 is the Long Release function. With Long Release activated you get a slightly longer release more suitable for legato playing. This important feature reflects adjusting the damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.
In addition to vivid acoustic Grand and Upright pianos, the Piano section also features some of the finest, most desirable vintage electric pianos. The Stage 2’s piano sounds are future-proof thanks to its compatibility with the Nord Piano Library. This free online library is continuously updated with both upgraded existing pianos and all-new pianos to keep your instrument constantly renewed.
Considered by many to be the most accurate emulation of the B3 ever, the Stage 2’s organ model is based on the analysis of the signals from each of the 91 spinning discs inside several original instruments and painstaking work on understanding exactly how all the components interact with each other. The virtual circuitry reacts not only to the settings on the panel but also during the real time performance. The Stage 2 will faithfully reproduce the important foldback and energy robbing characteristics; the latter will produce the gentle compression effect that makes those lovely smears absolutely wonderful. There are 3 tone wheel modes that allow you to switch from a clean, factory spec’d instrument to a worn and battered workhorse with many years of touring.
The Stage 2’s powerful new synthesizer engine was built from the DNA of the Nord Wave. Capable of classic analog synthesis, three operator FM synthesis, Wavetable synthesis and, crucially, compatibility with the Nord Sample Library. The Nord Sample Library not only give Stage 2 owners access to the huge free library of world-class sounds, including the famous vintage Mellotron and Chamberlin samples previously only available to Nord Wave and Nord Electro 3 users, but thanks to the included Nord Sample Editor for Mac and PC, allows user-created samples to be loaded into the instrument and thus opening up a whole new creative world of sound.
Who's Using The Stage 2
|Ben Lovett From Mumford And Sons
||Check out our guide to the Mumford's gear.
|Richard 'Gambler' Ingram From Biffy Clyro
||"The Nord Stage 2 88 is perfect for a band like Biffy Clyro who want authentic, no-nonsense keyboard sounds. Being a fan of hardware I like the fact that everything is laid out in front of you within easy reach (although editing within menus is still a breeze)."
You can also load it with a range of classic keys sounds and other instruments. We take a closer look at the classic sounds available in the Nord Sample Library. Have a listen below.
- Programming and Control To make programming and on-stage control as simple as possible we have arranged the sound generators and controls of the Stage 2 into dedicated sections – Piano, Organ and Synth. Not only does this make for a very intuitive approach to programming but also instantly shows you which settings are active. There are no deep menus, no complicated screens to navigate. All vital functions are controlled by dedicated single-function knobs.
- Extern Section The Nord Stage 2 wouldn’t be a master keyboard if it couldn’t control external devices with ease. The Extern Section is designed solely for this purpose, so that any MIDI-connected gear gets seamlessly integrated with the Stage 2’s built-in instruments. Zones, splits and layers are handled exactly as if the external equipment was a part of the Stage 2 itself. All settings are saved together with a Program so advanced setups can be immediately recalled in real-time during a performance. You can even use the Extern Section to automatically transmit Bank Select and Program Change messages to your external units.
Effect Section No sound is complete without the proper use of effects. In the Nord Stage 2 we incorporated all the effects required to cover musicians’ needs. All of the three instrument sections - Organ, Piano and Synth - can be routed individually through the Stage 2’s built-in effect units. Turning the effects on and off, and controlling the routing is easily done by a touch of dedicated buttons, readily accessible at the bottom of each effects unit.
- Master Level Control
- 400 Programs - 4 Banks with 20 Pages each. Each Page has 5 Program locations
- Program Sort Modes - numerical, alphabetical or by category
- 5 Live Buffers
- 3 Morph sources (Modulation Wheel, Control Pedal, Aftertouch)
Need A Case For This Keyboard? We've selected a few just for you.
|Standard Gig Bag