Joining the C320 and C520 in Korg's Concert Piano series is the all-new flagship C-720. The C-720 adds elegant finishing touches to the cabinetry, and the built-in sound system is second to none, providing breath-taking clarity and tone.
A feast for the senses
Characterized by graceful curves, the Korg C720's stylish and sophisticated cabinetry is presented in a rich, real wood finish with a warm Wenge (dark espresso) color to complement nearly any decor. The turned wooden front legs are fitted with decorative metal accents. And like a fine grand piano, the C-720 features a soft-landing fallboard (key cover) to protect the keyboard when not in use. The front panel controls are understated and uncluttered, with a soft-blue LCD providing visual feedback of the current settings.
Concealed in this artistic presentation is a powerful internal sound system. Four speakers and two stereo amplifiers combine to provide over ninety watts of full-bi-amped clarity. The entire bass reflex chamber - housing two robust 16cm woofers - is integrated in to the stand, providing a "spinet" appearance. Soft-dome 2.25cm tweeters add presence and definition to the high end reproduction.
The Piano eXperience
While existing piano sampling techniques have resembled an audio snapshot, our new “Piano eXperience” technology is more of a hologram, accurately reproducing every dimensional detail of the sound. All piano sampling for the C720 is done in stereo to preserve the natural imaging of the sound. Different dynamic levels are captured to extend the instrument’s expressive vocabulary.
Going even further, the Korg C-720 uses the sound of the key being released and the hammer returning, as well as the sympathetic damper resonance of the strings to create all of the subtle shadings that create a superior instrument sound. This attention to detail defines the sound of the new Korg C720, providing an instrument that can interpret every nuance of touch into a meaningful musical gesture.
Piano is just the beginning
While great care has gone into creating such a satisfying piano experience, piano is just the beginning. The electric pianos are also fully realized with extra dynamics and stereo imaging, providing an ample musical vocabulary for the modern keyboard repertoire. Harpsichords and clavinets, organs, electric pianos and dozens of other sounds are also available. Forty sounds are arranged into four banks of ten for easy access on the C 720.
Two sounds can be used together for a layered performance and the Korg C 720 also has a split function for playing sounds in separate areas of the keyboard. To further enhance the sound, you can add adjustable levels of reverb and chorus. In addition, the C-720 has a per-sound “Insert Effect,” including Rotary Speaker, Tremolo, Delay, Phaser, and Equalizer, which can greatly add to the character of each sound, even when layering and splitting. The Performance function allows you to easily save and recall up to 30 of these sound combinations, including levels, effects, split point, and more.
Responsive piano action
The C-720 features Korg’s newest ultra-responsive RH3 graded hammer action; weighted and balanced like a true grand piano, the keys are progressively lighter toward the upper end of the keyboard. In addition, the response of the keyboard can be adjusted to suit the player’s taste thanks to eight velocity curves, plus a “fixed” level setting for authentic harpsichord and organ performances. The C-720 has three pedals – including half-pedaling response for the damper and soft pedals – for an even more authentic performance. A convenient folding music rest is provided.
The C-720 piano can be transposed into any musical key, and 10 temperaments are provided. The metronome is adjustable and provides a reliable aid for rhythmic practicing: you can select a traditional click or even a drum pattern to play with. MIDI In and Out ports are available for interfacing with a computer or other MIDI-equipped musical products. Audio outputs allow the pianos to be connected to a sound system or recording device – perfect for schools and worship services. Two headphone outputs are provided for silent practice or teacher and student privacy; and there are even convenient "hooks" under the keyboard for storing your headphones.
A two-part recorder lets the musician accompany himself, or record a complete piano performance. Using the demo songs, the Piano Lesson feature allows you to isolate either hand, so that each part can be learned independently. The C-720 is also equipped with audio inputs – so you can play along with CDs or add a MIDI sound module – and a USB computer interface both for MIDI connection and data exchange. To keep track of all these features, the C-720 features a 16-character backlit LCD display.
- Keyboard: 88 key, Graded Hammer Action (RH3) Eight velocity curves, plus fixed Soft-landing, hinged key cover
- Tone Generating System: Piano eXperience stereo sampling
- Polyphony: 62 voices (maximum)
- Modes: Normal, Layer, Split, Performance (30)
- Programs: 40 types; (7 Acoustic Pianos, Honky-Tonk, Electric Grand, 8 Electric Pianos, 2 Harpsichords, 2 Clavs, 2 Vibraphones, Acoustic Guitar, 3 Jazz Organs, 3 Church Organs, 3 Strings, 3 Choirs, 4 Basses.)
- Effects: 8 Reverb types ,6 Chorus types 24 Insert types including Tremolo, Delay, Rotary Speaker, Equalizer, etc. Brilliance (5 settings)
- Recorder: 2 parts, 45,000 notes per song
- Controls: Record, Play/Pause, Stop, Part 1 On/Off, Part 2 On/Off.
- Functions: Cycle, Erase Track, Quantize, Transpose, Delete Song, Rename Song.
- Demos: 205 songs; 20 demo songs 185 classical songs with separate R.H. and L.H. parts
- Metronome: Tempo Time Signature, Accent (Standard, Bell), Volume controls, Drum patterns
- Tuning: Transpose, Fine tuning, 10 Temperaments + Quarter Tone
- Pedals: Damper (support half-pedaling) Soft (support half-pedaling) Sostenuto
- Display: 16 character backlit LCD
- Inputs: Left, Right
- Outputs: Left/Mono, Right Headphones x 2
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB: supports Ms Windows XP, Apple Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- Amplification System: Bi-amped: 35W x 2,12W x 2
- Speakers: 2 x 16 cm woofer in bass-reflex box 2 x 2.25cm soft-dome tweeters
- Power: 120 Volt, AC
- Color: Realwood finish, wenge color
- Music Stand: With score holder
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 55.90" x 18.51" x 35.51"
- Weight: 177.47 lbs.
- Accessories: AC adapter, Song Book, CD-ROM with KORG USB-MIDI Driver for Windows XP