Roland's RP501R allows any keyboardist to set their sights high. With an instrument that has all the features you need to start playing, as well as the quality to support your musical progression. The first thing that strikes you is the beautiful finish but underneath lies the specially developed Supernatural sound engine that perfectly mimics the response of a real piano. Add Bluetooth connection with practice features and you get the ideal starter piano.
Sound Better and Learn Faster with 305 Tones, 72 Backing Styles, and Educational Features
Traditional pianos offer just one tone, which can be frustrating when you’re still finding your voice. While the RP501R captures the authentic sound of a traditional acoustic piano, it also offers over 300 additional sounds to help you get creative. Practice sessions are even more appealing when you factor in the onboard Rhythm feature, which lets you play along with your choice of 72 ensemble backing styles (pop, jazz, Latin, etc.) as the band follow your changes. Plus, Bluetooth MIDI and USB connectivity to your tablet or smartphone gives access to a world of great piano apps such as Roland’s Piano Partner 2, which displays internal songs as sheet music and gets your notation reading up to speed.
Travels Light, Avoids Costly Maintenance, and Allows Practice When It Suits You
Acoustic pianos can be heavy and costly to maintain, and if you want to play at night, you may be bothering other people close by. The Roland RP501R is the solution to all these problems. Weighing just 41 kg/90 lbs., it’s easily shifted by two adults, while a space-saving cabinet depth of just 432 mm/17 in. won’t swamp your home. The advanced digital sound engine will never need tuning either, saving you time and money. And if inspiration strikes at midnight, controllable volume and a headphones option will keep the neighbors happy as you lose yourself in the rich, immersive sound of the Headphones 3D Ambience effect.
Kick-Start Your Piano Journey with Practice-Friendly Features
It can be hard to stay engaged when you’re learning piano, but the Roland RP501R is full of additional features that make practice a pleasure. An onboard metronome improves your sense of timing before you assess your progress with the onboard recorder. Audio and MIDI playback (from USB memory) lets you jam along with your favorite songs as they play through the piano’s speakers, while Twin Piano mode avoids the grind of solitary practice, allowing you to play in the same key range side-by-side with a duet partner or teacher. If there’s a song you want to learn, download it to your tablet from Sheet Music Direct, or install the piaScore app for free access to 70,000+ classical music scores. By pressing the piano’s pedal, you can even turn the pages of the score on your tablet’s screen.
- Roland’s acclaimed digital technology in an attractive and affordable piano designed for the family home
- SuperNATURAL Piano delivers the authentic tone of an acoustic grand piano
- PHA-4 Standard keyboard features high-resolution touch sensing for expressive and responsive play
- Progressive Damper Action pedal offers continuous response for half-pedaling and other traditional acoustic piano techniques
- Headphones 3D Ambience effect provides a multi-dimensional sound experience when using headphones
- Connect to a world of exciting apps such as Roland’s Piano Partner 2, which encourages daily piano learning and makes practicing fun
- Extensive onboard song library including scale-learning songs, plus metronome and recording functions to boost practice and learning
- Sophisticated onboard Rhythm feature with intelligent accompaniment (72 different rhythm styles, including 6 pianist styles)
- Space-saving cabinet with a choice of Contemporary Black, Contemporary Rosewood, or White finish