With outstanding new keyboard technology, improved grand weighted action, Ivory touch and expanded memory for the exclusive Nord Piano Library - the Nord Piano 3 takes piano feel and realism to a new level.
The new flagship Nord Piano 3 is the ultimate digital stage piano, with more realistic feel and sound than ever before, with improved keybed, improved display, more memory and features than the previous Piano 2 model! Once again, Nord surpass any of our (already high!) expectations to deliver what's certain to become a new standard for stage pianos!
The new Virtual Hammer Action Technology simulates the movement of the hammers in a Grand Piano, capturing the characteristics with exceptional dynamics and breathtaking level of authenticity.
The Nord exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology simulates the hammer movements in a Grand Piano delivering outstanding authenticity and dynamic response. The Triple Sensor keybed allows key movements to be determined with stunning precision. The result is a keyboard action that handles dynamic playing with amazing control at any velocity level.
The Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology enables you to produce a new note without lifting the key completely. This allows for smoother repetitions as the tone is not completely dampened between the strokes, similar to the fluent transitions possible on a Grand Piano.
Extended Triggering Range
The new keyboard technology makes both top and bottom triggering possible, resulting in amazing control when playing percussively as well as pianissimo with the keys half-pressed down.
The Virtual Hammer Action Technology also includes velocity sensitive release, dynamically dampening the sound based on how quickly you release the key.
GRAND WEIGHTED ACTION AND IVORY TOUCH NEW
The keybed has added weight for improved dynamic control and features a textured “ivory” surface, providing authentic Piano touch and feel.
The individual Fatar keybeds are meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
The Nord Piano 3 features 1 GB of memory dedicated to the exclusive sounds from the Nord Piano Library carefully selected for their specific and individual character. The ever expanding Nord Piano Library is filled with uniquely sampled acoustic and electric instruments, with an outstanding range of velocity levels allowing for exceptional dynamic control.
The Factory Bank features 6 Grand Pianos, 5 Upright Pianos, 11 Electric Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords. Replacing the sounds in your Nord Piano 3 is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
UNIQUE PIANO FEATURES
- Advanced String Resonanc: Reproduces the intricate interplay of piano strings resonating at their fundamental or harmonic frequencies when other notes are played on our Upright and Grand piano sounds.
- Soft Releas: Softens the release phase of the tone, which can be suitable when a gentler or more legato character is desired.
- The Nord Triple Pedal: Includes Soft and Sostenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal enabling the use of half-pedaling and "release and catch" techniques.
- Pedal Noise: Recreates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism, producing the characteristic thomp and sizzle sounds. The Pedal Noise feature responds dynamically to the force/momentum used when pressing or releasing the sustain pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal.
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
The Sample Synth section in the Nord Piano 3 has 256 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 2.0 - our essential selection of high quality sampled sounds from a wide range of genres including the exclusively licensed sounds of the Mellotron and Chamberlin.
The Nord Sample Library 2.0 is constantly updated and new additions can be downloaded for free! See the Nord Sample Library 2.0 to learn more and to listen to the sounds available.
Screenshot of the Nord Sample EditorThe Sample Synth section has dedicated knobs for adjusting Attack, Decay/Release, Dynamic controls and volume of the selected sound. Volume can also be controlled with an optional Volume Pedal and the Sostenuto pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal can be used as a separate Sustain/Latch Pedal for the Sample Synth section for advanced layering possibilites.
With the included software Nord Sample Editor you can even create your own sample instruments. Load your .WAV-files, assign them to keys on the keyboard and transfer them to the Nord Piano 3 to play them instantly. The Nord Sample Editor can also assist you in looping and mapping your sounds.
Panel Effects: The Nord Piano 3 Effect section features great, tweakable effects for instantly adding dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound. All effects are in Stereo.
- Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Wah-wah and Ring Modulator. All effects can be controlled with a Control Pedal.
- Effect 2 - Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, a new Vibe effect and two selectable depths for each effect.
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Compressor and a new Tube Overdrive effect.
Each of the effects sections can be assigned to either the Piano or Sample Synth section.
Master Effects: Reverb with six modes - Room, Stage, Hall each with a Bright option.
The Nord Piano 3 has dedicated knobs and buttons for all vital functions required in a live performance situation. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished in seconds.
The crystal clear OLED display provides an excellent overview when selecting or editing Sounds, Effects and Programs on stage. A new Organize function allows you to effortlessly rearrange the order of Programs, Pianos and Samples.
There are 200 locations, organized in 4 banks with 50 programs each. The Nord Piano 3 also has 5 Live locations that automatically save the current settings - ideal as a sketching pad at rehearsals when trying out new sound combinations in the search of the perfect sound.
SPLIT AND LAYERS
The Nord Piano 3 has two sound sections that can be combined in a layer or split over the keyboard. Each of the sound sections can have specific effects, Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal assigned to them – for example chorus and Sustain Pedal on the Piano and some Delay and a Control Pedal on the Sample Synth. The split function includes 6 split points, indicated with LED lights.
Connect your MP3 or CD player to the rear panel Nord Piano 3 monitor input to play along, rehearse to or jam with previously recorded music without the need of an external mixer or sound system. The signal will be monitored through the headphone output.
Control/Volume Pedal support has been improved and now supports the following pedals: Fatar, Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 and Korg XVP10.
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with improved grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology for greatly improved key response
- Ivory touch for authentic feel
- OLED-display for better overview
- 1 GB memory for Nord Piano Library
- 256 MB for Nord Sample Library
- Layer and split-functionality
- Nord Triple Pedal
- 4 Dynamic Curves
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- Advanced String Resonance (Gen 2)
- Soft Release
- Sample Synth
- Dedicated Sample Synth section with Attack, Decay/Release and dynamic controls
- All effects in Stereo
- Tube overdrive simulation
- Vibe effect
- Separate Reverb/Delay effects
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah-wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- OLED Display
- 4 banks with 50 programs - 200 locations
- Organize functionality for programs
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 4 velocity response curves
- Triple-switch keybed with Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Split functionality with selectable split point and LED indication
- Layer functionality
- Mono Output option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS updates
- 6 types - Grand, Upright, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Clavinet and Harpsichord.
- Each category can contain up to 9 different models.
- Organize functionality for piano sounds
- 40/60 Voices Polyphony (stereo/mono pianos)
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - adjustable amount
- Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - adjustable amount
- Octave Transpose: -1/+1
SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
- 15 Voices Polyphony
- Organize functionality for samples
- Amp envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- Selectable velocity sensitive low pass filter and dynamic range
- Octave Transpose: -1/+3
- Sustenuto pedal can be set as sustain or latch pedal for the Sample Synth section.
- Volume controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 1 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 256 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 2.0
- Effect 1: Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Effect 2: Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
- Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Master Effects
- Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall algorithms, each with an additional Bright mode
- Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount and Tap-tempo function
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Piano pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Volume Pedal input - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Control/Expression pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 power connector
- Nord Piano 2 Connections
- Nord Piano 3: 1287 mm (50.7"), 121 mm (4.8"), 340 mm (13.4")
- Pedal: 264 mm (10.4"), 224 mm (8.8"), 70 mm (2.8")
- Nord Piano 3: 18,2 kg (40.3 lbs)
- Pedal: 2 kg (4.4 lbs)
- Nord Triple Pedal
- User Manual
- Power cord
- Nord Piano Library v5 DVD-ROM
- Nord Sample Library 2.0 DVD-ROM
- Nord Keyboard Stand EX
- Nord Soft Case
- Nord Music Stand
- Specifications subject to change without notice. *Steinway, Wurlitzer, Hohner, Clavinet, Farfisa and Vox are trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated or associated with Clavia. These trademarks are mentioned here as a reference to a sound only. Leslie is mentioned to describe a connector standard.