The Yamaha Clavinova CLP-565GP Grand-style Digital Piano (White) is a stylish, luxury Clavinova with grand design; sound and appearance that will enhance any environment. If you only demand the best for your home, this is the one to get - with all the style of an authentic grand, but with the versatility of modern technology.
No other piano demands the sheer respect or invokes style and elegance as much as a grand. And no other type of piano sounds as rich as this type of piano, either. Thankfully, the Clavinova CLP-565GP Grand-style Digital Piano perfectly capture the feel, sound and, well, grandeur of Grand Pianos, at a more compact size, and with the added versatility of modern technology.
It also features Real Grand Expression: sound, touch and pedals, all perfectly integrated to give you the sensation of playing a grand piano.
Real Grand Expression; a phrase that defines the expressive capability of Clavinova. It is the key components of the sound, the touch and the pedals, together with the application of technology developed through a history of acoustic piano manufacturing. With Real Grand Expression, these elements are combined perfectly into a single instrument, creating the exact sound you want through the touch of the keys and the feel of the pedals. When you play a Clavinova, you can imagine that you are playing a grand piano.
Outstanding piano sound
The CFX, Yamaha’s finest concert grand selected and played by the winner of the 2010 International Chopin Piano Competition and the Imperial from Bösendorfer, a brand held in high esteem by pianists throughout its long history. These renowned pianos are characterised by distinctive traits such as power, versatility, subtlety, lightness and mellowness.
Both of these superb pianos' voices are featured in the Clavinova. Tuned to perfection by a highly experienced piano technician with the sound from each key sampled individually, Clavinova truly captures the unique tonal character of each of these outstanding instruments.
With Clavinova, you can enjoy the exquisite beauty of the sought-after tone that the Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial deliver.
Reproducing the resonance and reverberation of an acoustic piano
The Clavinova faithfully recreates the sound of an acoustic piano by utilising features such as String Resonance to emulate the mellow tonal colours that occur when strings react to one another. The result is a beautiful tone with rich, deep reverberation.
In addition to the reverberation of the strings themselves, Damper Resonance reproduces the broad, deep sound field of an acoustic piano. It also mirrors the tonal changes that result when a damper pedal on a grand piano is depressed. It includes sounds such as those emitted from the key bed and emulates the cumulative resonance that occurs when all of these sounds blend together.
Smooth tonal transitions, perfectly matched to the player's touch, Variations of sound according to touch
A pianist changes the volume and dynamics of the sound by varying the pressure applied to the keys. A Clavinova responds perfectly to give the player an outstanding level of performance control. By using long, carefully-sampled recordings of notes on a piano and unique Yamaha technologies to achieve smooth tonal transitions, rich sonic detail is delivered in response to the touch of the player.
From staccato to legato, superbly expressive sound that responds to the player's touch
Featuring Yamaha's Smooth Release technology, Clavinova recreates the crisp tone heard when playing staccato as well as the lingering sound produced by releasing the keys slowly.
The moment a pianist’s fingers are lifted from the keys of a grand piano, subtle changes occur in the instrument’s tone as the damper is lowered onto the strings to mute the sound. Key-off samples feature actual recordings of these changes, offering a faithful reproduction of the most subtle nuances in the piano’s tone, creating a more realistic overall sound.
Powerful polyphony ensures that more complex passages of music can be played without notes cutting off.
Superb playability and feel, Graded Hammer 3X (GH3X) keyboard
Using knowledge gained from many years of piano manufacturing, Yamaha Clavinova has an incredibly realistic keyboard feel that recreates the sensation of playing an acoustic instrument. By using a similar hammer mechanism (with no springs) as that found in a grand piano, the GH3 keyboard action reproduces the touch of an acoustic instrument, from the heavier feel in the lower register to the lighter touch in the upper octaves. It also features a three-sensor configuration which accurately senses and interprets the behaviour of the keyboard to create a response and feel very much like that of a grand piano.
The newly developed GH3X keyboard features an escapement mechanism that reproduces a slight clicking sensation near the bottom of the key travel. It has been designed in such a way that the click is discernible only on the lightest keystrokes, similar to the keyboard of a grand piano.
Synthetic Ivory key tops
Synthetic Ivory key tops reproduce the tactile surface of the Ivory keyboards once used in acoustic pianos. It features highly absorbent material that prevents fingers from slipping even after hours of performing, while retaining the ideal texture and feel.
The mechanics of superior sound, Full-bodied tone and resonance
The sound of a Clavinova is calibrated in fine detail, with speaker positioning and body materials checked to ensure that the entire instrument resonates optimally. To create a sound field that is very close to that of a grand piano, the Clavinova features tone escapements in several locations throughout the body that allow the sound from the speakers to be projected to the listener without being trapped inside the instrument.
Custom-designed sound system with 2-way speakers, and the deep and expansive grand piano sound reflects powerfully off the piano lid.
The body of the Clavinova contains Acoustic Optimizers that regulate the flow of sound and control tone. A new technology developed from Yamaha's intimate knowledge of the acoustic properties of musical instruments, Acoustic Optimizers deliver a natural, smooth sound across the entire keyboard.
- A variety of piano lesson pieces: Features exercises for building piano technique from Hanon, Bayer, Czerny and Burgmüller.
- Multi-track song recording: The recording function featured in Clavinova digital pianos allows you to record your performances with a single touch, which is useful when you want to review or archive your playing. You can record up to 16 tracks for simultaneous playback, so that each hand can be recorded separately or parts recorded using different sounds.
- USB Audio Recorder: Record performances to USB flash memory and create audio files (WAV format) you can save and play back on a computer or portable audio device, share with friends or use to create a CD.
- A comprehensive range of keyboard voices: In addition to pianos, the Clavinova CLP Series boasts an impressive library of additional voices including electric pianos, strings and organs. Enjoy the freedom to choose the ideal voice for the genre of music you want to play.
- New reverb that offers dynamic ambience and spatial effects: A new reverb system allows to you experience the sensation of playing in a large concert hall, cathedral or other venue, adding depth and atmosphere to the sound. Now you can experience concert hall ambience and spaciousness in the privacy of your own home.
- IAC (Intelligent Acoustic Control), perfect for playing at home: The ability to adjust performance volume is extremely useful at home where players may not always be able to play at high volume levels. However, at low volumes, bass and treble may become difficult to hear. To counter this, Clavinova is equipped with Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), which adjusts the sound automatically, allowing players to enjoy balanced sound at any volume level.
- Powerful connectivity: A range of Apps to expand your musical horizons. If you use an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, Yamaha Apps can make playing more creative, enjoyable and fun.
- Dimensions Width 1430mm (56-5/16")
- Height 932mm (36-11/16")
- Depth 1147mm (45-3/16")
- Weight Weight 101kg (222lbs., 11oz)
- Keyboard Number of Keys 88
- Type GH3X (Graded Hammer 3X) keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops, escapement
- Touch Sensitivity Hard 2, Hard 1, Medium, Soft 1, Soft 2, Fixed
- Pedal Number of Pedals 3
- Half Pedal Yes
- Functions Damper with half pedal effect, Sostenuto, Soft
- Display Type Full Dot LCD
- Panel Language English
- Key Cover Style Sliding
- Music Rest Yes
- Tone Generation Piano Sound Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial
- Key-off Samples Yes
- String Resonance Yes
- Smooth Release Yes
- Damper Resonance Yes
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 256
- Preset Number of Voices 34
- Effects Types Reverb 6, Chorus 3, Brilliance 7
- Master Effect 12
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) Yes
- Functions Dual/Layers Yes
- Split Yes
- Number of Preset Songs 18 (Voice Demo), 50 (Piano), 303 (Lesson)
- Recording Number of Songs 250
- Number of Tracks 16
- USB Audio Recorder Playback WAV
- Recording WAV
- Metronome Tempo Range 5～500 (quarter note)
- Overall Controls Transpose Yes
- Other Control Tuning, Scale Type, etc.
- Storage and Connectivity
- Storage Internal Memory approx. 1.5MB
- External Drives USB Flash Memory
- Connectivity Headphones 2
- MIDI IN, OUT, THRU
- AUX IN Stereo Mini
- AUX OUT L / L+R, R
- USB TO DEVICE Yes
- USB TO HOST Yes
- Amplifiers (25W + 10W) x 2
- Speakers (16cm + 5cm) x 2 [(6-5/16" + 1-15/16") x 2]
- Speaker Box Yes
- Acoustic Optimizer Yes
- Power Consumption 30W
- Accessories Headphones Hanger, "50 greats for the Piano"