The Yamaha Clavinova CLP-545 Digital Piano (in Black Walnut ) is a classy Clavinova, offering outstanding performance and versatility with innovative features to enhance musical creativity and enjoyment. A home piano to be proud of!
The Clavinova CLP-545 reaches new heights of realistic feel and sound, and offers Real Grand Expression: sound, touch and pedals, all perfectly integrated to give you the sensation of playing a grand piano.
Real Grand Expression; a phrase that defines the expressive capability of Clavinova. It is the key components of the sound, the touch and the pedals, together with the application of technology developed through a history of acoustic piano manufacturing. With Real Grand Expression, these elements are combined perfectly into a single instrument, creating the exact sound you want through the touch of the keys and the feel of the pedals. When you play a Clavinova, you can imagine that you are playing a grand piano.
Outstanding piano sound
The CFX, Yamaha’s finest concert grand selected and played by the winner of the 2010 International Chopin Piano Competition and the Imperial from Bösendorfer, a brand held in high esteem by pianists throughout its long history. These renowned pianos are characterised by distinctive traits such as power, versatility, subtlety, lightness and mellowness.
Both of these superb pianos' Voices are featured in the Clavinova. Tuned to perfection by a highly experienced piano technician with the sound from each key sampled individually, Clavinova truly captures the unique tonal character of each of these outstanding instruments.
With Clavinova, you can enjoy the exquisite beauty of the sought-after tone that the CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial deliver.
Reproducing the resonance and reverberation of an acoustic piano
The Clavinova faithfully recreates the sound of an acoustic piano by utilising features such as String Resonance to emulate the mellow tonal colours that occur when strings react to one another. The result is a beautiful tone with rich, deep reverberation.
Smooth tonal transitions, perfectly matched to the player's touch
A pianist changes the volume and dynamics of the sound by varying the pressure applied to the keys. A Clavinova responds perfectly to give the player an outstanding level of performance control. By using long, carefully-sampled recordings of notes on a piano and unique Yamaha technologies to achieve smooth tonal transitions, rich sonic detail is delivered in response to the touch of the player.
The Clavinova features long, carefully-sampled recordings of notes on a piano, reproduces them in rich detail and utilizes unique Yamaha technologies to achieve smooth tonal transitions in response to the touch of the player.
From staccato to legato, superbly expressive sound that responds to the player's touch
Featuring Yamaha's Smooth Release technology, Clavinova recreates the crisp tone heard when playing staccato as well as the lingering sound produced by releasing the keys slowly.
The moment a pianist’s fingers are lifted from the keys of a grand piano, subtle changes occur in the instrument’s tone as the damper is lowered onto the strings to mute the sound. Key-off samples feature actual recordings of these changes, offering a faithful reproduction of the most subtle nuances in the piano’s tone, creating a more realistic overall sound.
Powerful polyphony ensures that more complex passages of music can be played without notes cutting off.
Superb playability and feel, Natural Wood X (NWX) keyboard
Natural Wood X (NWX) keyboards are created using Yamaha's unrivalled expertise of wood acquired through more than a century of crafting fine pianos. Just as with grand pianos, the material used for NWX keyboards is cut from wood that has been carefully dried specifically for use in making musical instruments.
Utilizing the same hammering system and spring-less mechanism as a grand piano, NWX keyboard action reproduces the touch of an acoustic piano from the heavy feel in the lower register to the lighter touch in the upper octaves. And the three-sensor configuration accurately senses and interprets the behaviour of the keyboard for a response and feels very similar to that of a grand piano.
The NWX keyboards also feature an escapement mechanism that reproduces a slight clicking sensation near the bottom of the key travel, and they have been designed in such a way that the click is discernible only on the lightest keystrokes, similar to the keyboard of a grand piano.
Synthetic Ivory key tops
Synthetic Ivory key tops reproduce the tactile surface of the Ivory keyboards once used in acoustic pianos. It features highly absorbent material that prevents fingers from slipping even after hours of performing, while retaining the ideal texture and feel.
The mechanics of superior sound - Full-bodied tone and resonance
The sound of a Clavinova is calibrated in fine detail, with speaker positioning and body materials checked to ensure that the entire instrument resonates optimally. To create a sound field that is very close to that of a grand piano, the Clavinova features tone escapements in several locations throughout the body that allow the sound from the speakers to be projected to the listener without being trapped inside the instrument.
Dedicated drivers for mid and high frequency ranges provide astonishingly powerful an detailed sound.
The body of the Clavinova contains Acoustic Optimizers that regulate the flow of sound and control tone. A new technology developed from Yamaha's intimate knowledge of the acoustic properties of musical instruments, Acoustic Optimizers deliver a natural, smooth sound across the entire keyboard.
- Easy-to-use interface: An easy-to-read LCD and intuitive layout enable simple operation of your Clavinova, giving you more time to focus on playing.
- A variety of piano lesson pieces: Features exercises for building piano technique from Hanon, Bayer, Czerny and Burgmüller.
- Play along with a variety of rhythms: Enjoy performing with rhythms such as jazz, pop, latin and more.
- Multi-track song recording: The recording function featured in Clavinova digital pianos allows you to record your performances with a single touch, which is useful when you want to review or archive your playing. You can record up to 16 tracks for simultaneous playback, so that each hand can be recorded separately or parts recorded using different sounds.
- USB Audio Recorder: Record performances to USB flash memory and create audio files (WAV format) you can save and play back on a computer or portable audio device, share with friends or use to create a CD.
- A comprehensive range of keyboard voices: In addition to pianos, the Clavinova CLP Series boasts an impressive library of additional voices including electric pianos, strings and organs. Enjoy the freedom to choose the ideal voice for the genre of music you want to play.
- New reverb that offers dynamic ambience and spatial effects: A new reverb system allows to you experience the sensation of playing in a large concert hall, cathedral or other venue, adding depth and atmosphere to the sound. Now you can experience concert hall ambience and spaciousness in the privacy of your own home.
- IAC (Intelligent Acoustic Control), perfect for playing at home: The ability to adjust performance volume is extremely useful at home where players may not always be able to play at high volume levels. However, at low volumes, bass and treble may become difficult to hear. To counter this, Clavinova is equipped with Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC), which adjusts the sound automatically, allowing players to enjoy balanced sound at any volume level.
- Stereophonic Optimizer: a new kind of headphone experience: Unique to Yamaha, the Stereophonic Optimizer adjusts the spacing of the sound and the separation from the piano when listening via headphones, resulting in a spacious sound image that will inspire you to play for hours at a time.
- Powerful connectivity: A range of Apps to expand your musical horizons. If you use an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, Yamaha apps will make playing more convenient and enjoyable!
- Dimensions Width 1461mm (57-1/2") (Polished finish: 1466mm (57-11/16"))
- Height 927mm (36-1/2") (Polished finish: 930mm (36-5/8"))
- Depth 459mm (18-1/16") (Polished finish: 459mm (18-1/16"))
- Weight Weight 61.5kg (135lbs., 9oz) (Polished finish: 65.0kg (143lbs., 5oz))
- Keyboard Number of Keys 88
- Type NWX (Natural Wood X) keyboard with synthetic ivory keytops (wood is used for the white keys), escapement
- Touch Sensitivity Hard 2, Hard 1, Medium, Soft 1, Soft 2, Fixed
- Pedal Number of Pedals 3
- Half Pedal Yes
- Functions Damper with half pedal effect, Sostenuto, Soft
- Display Type Full Dot LCD
- Panel Language English
- Cabinet Key Cover Key Cover Style Sliding
- Music Rest Yes
- Tone Generation Piano Sound Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial
- Key-off Samples Yes
- String Resonance Yes
- Smooth Release Yes
- Damper Resonance Yes
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 256
- Preset Number of Voices 34
- Effects Types Reverb 6, Chorus 3, Brilliance 7
- Master Effect 12
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) Yes
- Stereophonic Optimizer Yes
- Functions Dual/Layers Yes
- Split Yes
- Number of Rhythm 20
- Number of Preset Songs 18 (Voice Demo), 50 (Piano), 303 (Lesson)
- Recording Number of Songs 250
- Number of Tracks 16
- USB Audio Recorder Playback WAV
- Recording WAV
- Metronome Tempo Range 5～500 (quarter note)
- Overall Controls Transpose Yes
- Other Control Tuning, Scale Type, etc.
- Storage Internal Memory approx. 1.5MB
- External Drives USB Flash Memory
- Connectivity Headphones 2
- MIDI IN, OUT, THRU
- AUX IN Stereo Mini
- AUX OUT L / L+R, R
- USB TO DEVICE Yes
- USB TO HOST Yes
- Amplifiers (25W + 25W) x 2
- Speakers (16cm + 8cm) x 2 [(6-5/16" + 3-1/8") x 2]
- Acoustic Optimizer Yes
- Power Consumption 30W
- Accessories Headphones Hanger, "50 greats for the Piano"