Manufactured in Italy, Peavey's new and compact HIsys range comes in five guises: three full-range satellites (H10, H12 and H15) and two subwoofers (H15 sub and H18 sub), all of which have been designed to be as lightweight and versatile as possible, to create an easy-to-manage high performance system.
The HIsys range are the first Peavey enclosures to be manufactured in Italy, and this evolution represents a new age of high-quality, powered enclosures suitable for anything from a small bar gig to a dedicated live music venue or small outdoor space.
The [15- and 18-inch] subs are equipped with analogue processing and thanks to a stereo input (which provides a total of two inputs and two outputs), no external processing is needed when matching a sub to a satellite. Additionally, there is a selectable crossover switch (80 or 125 Hz), a switch for the selection of the zero- or 180-degree phase, and a volume potentiometer.
Furthermore, the new HIsys range is loud: the H18 sub will peak at 135dB; and the complete range benefits from Class D amplification and a large aluminium plate which strengthens the rear of each respective cabinet and acts as a heat sink for the amplifier so there is no need for fans which can be objectionable in quiet venues such as places of worship.
For easy transportation, all models come with handles and a stand support – but it's not just about sturdiness and longevity: a specially-designed black opaque finish gives these birch plywood cabinets a modern and elegant look.
Peavey HiSys H18 Active Subwoofer Enclosure
- self powered subwoofer
- SPL max: 135dB
- frequency range: 41 Hz - 120 Hz
- 18'' (457mm) speaker with 4'' (102mm) voice coil
- 2000W peak power (1000W continuous)
- natural convection cooling
- switch mode power supply
- 350VA power consumption
- dual Combo (XLR/Jack 6,3mm) with THRU Out connectors
- input sensitivity: +4dBu
- analog DSP processing
- 2 application presets
- Signal level conrtol, Phase and Ground Lift switches
- Power indicator
- Birch plywood construction
- epoxy high resistant paint
- graphite black finish
- flyable with 4 x top attach points
- M20 threaded plate for pole
- 16 gauge (1,6 mm) black coated steel grille with internal acoustic foam
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 24.21'' (615 mm) x 23.62'' (600 mm) x 25'' (635 mm)
- Weight: 96.8 lbs (43.9 kg)