Perfect for contractors and anyone who needs a system with powerful low end, the StudioLive 18sAI active PA subwoofer features a powered 18-inch, ferrite driver that will deliver the bottom you need with an accuracy usually found only in studio monitors.
Presonus StudioLive 18sAI Active Subwoofer
Presonus have been making a name for themselves marrying innovative DSP with quality analogue products. Their new range of PA gear brings studio quality to the stage, not relying purely on raw power it's the clarity of the StudioLive speaker range which sets it apart.
How low can you get?
With the StudioLive 18sAI, you can get pretty darned low! And it delivers those low frequencies with plenty of muscle, thanks to its 1,000 watt (bridged), Class D power amplifier. Connections are straightforward, with stereo line inputs (XLR/¼-inch combo) and full-range, switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR). The lightweight plywood enclosure includes ergonomic side handles, an integrated pole insert, and interlocking stacking provisions for use with a full-range system such as those in the StudioLive AI series. Options include a mountable Sub Dolly and pull-tested Sub Pole to mount a full-range system atop the 18sAI. These features are important but what makes the StudioLive 18sAI special is its amazing accuracy and control features—the result of PreSonus Active Integration technology.
You’re in control—here, there, and everywhere
Every Active Integration product—including StudioLive AI-series speakers—includes both wired and wireless communications. The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking. Wired communications are provided via an installed option card with an Ethercon port that connects to your Ethernet-based LAN network. The master control center resides in SL Room Control, a rich, easy-to-use, system-configuration software application for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad that offers individual or group control of all StudioLive AI-series speakers on the network. SL Room Control gives you control over most onboard controls and lets you monitor key performance indicators.
The future is Active Integration
Products that sense each other, interact and work together via wireless and wired communication, feature 32-bit floating-point DSP and seamlessly integrated software, and run on CPUs far more powerful than competitors’ current audio products—PreSonus has realized this dream with its new Active Integration technology. Active Integration incorporates communications, wireless networking, and huge amounts of DSP into a specialized, custom chip. Essentially, we’ve put a computer into these speakers, with enough processing power to handle not only the specialized algorithms for tuning the system to near-perfection but also providing extensive remote control over system performance, the variable low-pass filter, and much more. As with the full-range StudioLive AI-series systems, the StudioLive 18sAI offers the benefits of Active Integration, including remote control—including wireless control—over output level, user-adjustable contours, and more and uses 32-bit floating point DSP for the variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting.
- 18-inch transducer with 1,000 watt, Class D amplifier
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- Wireless networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac®, Windows®, and iPad® enables complete setup, tuning, and monitoring
- Stereo line inputs (XLR-¼” combo) and switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR)
- Alignment delay (switchable: 0, 2, or 4 feet) enables subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system
- Integrated pole insert and interlocking stacking provisions
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante card
- Optional mountable Sub Dolly and pull-tested Sub Pole to mount a full-range system atop the 18sAI
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with more processing power than three rack speaker processors