Power To Go
And now you have a choice of two ways to get there! Yamaha’s STAGEPAS 300 has already become the portable PA system of choice for legions of musicians on the move, and now the STAGEPAS 500 is available for situations in which a little extra power and channel capacity is needed.
The basics remain the same: an incredibly lightweight, portable, easy-to-use PA system consisting of a pair of high-performance speakers with a built-in powered mixer. You can be set up and playing in a matter of minutes, and then packed away and on the road again with the same ease and speed when you’re done. And all of this is provided with no compromise in sound quality or versatility, plus some advanced features you normally wouldn’t expect to find in systems in this class.
The STAGEPAS™ 500 is a great choice for easy operation in a wide range of applications. This versatility makes the Stagepas 500 ideal for the most diverse situations, such as:
- Solo Guitar Plus Vocals: The high-quality built-in reverb adds the finishing touch to great vocal sound, and the STAGEPAS 500 system also features a LIMIT/COMP switch that can help to deliver smooth, punchy vocals. The STAGEPAS mixer also has more than enough input capability to directly handle a range of instruments from electric-acoustic guitars to electronic keyboards, which can be plugged directly into the mixer.
- Live Performance/ Bands: Multiple microphone inputs (up four) make the STAGEPAS™ 500 system a good choice for band rehearsals or performances. MSR100 powered monitors (sold separately) can be added for monitoring. The Stagepas 500 is an unbeatable live performance system.
- Speech: Set the SPEECH/MUSIC switch to SPEECH and the STAGEPAS™ 500 mixer is automatically set for maximum clarity for speech or announcements. Of course, background music from a CD player or other stereo line source can be mixed in with the spoken performance, for background music.
- Meetings: Up to four microphones can be mixed with one or two stereo sources providing background music or other program material. Add video or projection equipment for an outstanding presentation system.
And all of this is provided with no compromise in sound quality or versatility, plus some advanced features you normally wouldn’t expect to find in systems in this class.
- Dual 250-Watt amplifier: Two 250-watt power amplifier can fill surprisingly large clubs or rooms, or project your sound over a considerable distance outdoors. The class-D power amplifier has been painstakingly designed to deliver superior sound quality as well as reliability in a remarkably compact unit.
- Versatile 10-channel Mixer with Monitor and Record Outputs: If there are more members in your band than the STAGEPAS 300’s 8 input channels can handle, or you simply have a lot of sources to mix, the STAGEPAS 500 gives you 10 input channels in all: four mono microphone/line inputs and three stereo line inputs. The additional stereo channel can used for either a stereo or mono source. In addition to the main speaker outputs the mixer has line outputs that can be used to
connect additional powered speakers for monitoring, and to send the mixer's output to a recording device.
- Phantom Power for High-performance Condenser Microphones: The STAGEPAS 500 mixer features switchable phantom power for the four mono microphone/line inputs. This lets you use high-performance phantom-powered condenser microphones in situations where you want the extended, natural response they provide.
- Built-in Channel Compression/Limiting: Channels 1 and 2 feature LIMIT/COMP switches that let you apply either limiting or compression to those channels. Limiting can be useful to prevent input overload and distortion with sources that have a wide dynamic range, while compression can add punch to vocals, bass, guitar, and other sources while smoothing out the sound and helping it to “ride” better in the mix.
- 2-band Channel EQ and Reverb: Like the STAGEPAS 300 mixer, the STAGEPAS 500 mixer has 2-band EQ controls on each channel, as well as REVERB switches on channels 1 through 4. A separate REVERB level control adjusts the reverb mix.
- XLR and phone-jack inputs on mono channels, and phone-jack and RCA pin- jack inputs on stereo channels allow connection to a wide range of sources.
- MIC/LINE switches select microphone or line level input matching for channels 1 through 4.
- Auto Limiter prevents overload damage to power amplifier and speakers.
- LED output level meter.
- Speaker cables supplied.
- Optional BMS-10A Mic Stand Adaptor for the mixer unit.
- The STAGEPAS 500 speakers can be stand mounted without standard speaker stand adapters.
- Output Power (Maximum): 250 W + 250 W (±10 %)/4§Ù @ 10 % THD at 1 kHz (SPEAKERS L/R)
- Output Power (RMS): 200 W + 200 W/4§Ù @ 1 % THD at 1 kHz (SPEAKERS L/R)
- Maximum Output Level: 116 dB (1 m)
- Frequency Response (Nomimal output level @ 1 kHz):
- -3 dB, 0 dB, +1 dB @ 20 Hz-20 kHz (MUSIC/SPEECH=MUSIC) (MONITOR OUT)
- -3 dB, 0 dB, +1 dB @ 80 Hz-20 kHz (MUSIC/SPEECH = SPEECH) (REC OUT)
- -3dB, 0dB, +1 dB @ 20 Hz-20 kHz, 1 W Output (MUSIC/SPEECH=MUSIC, without Speaker EQ) (SPEAKERS L/R)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.5 % @ 20 Hz, 1 kHz, 20 kHz +14 dBu GAIN= nominal (MONITOR OUT, REC OUT)
- Hum & Noise (Equivalent Input Noise, Rs = 150§Ù, MIC/LINE = MIC):
- -106 dBu (CH1/2)
- -112 dBu (CH3/4)
- -65 dBu Residual output noise (SPEAKERS L/R)
- Crosstalk (1 kHz): -70 dB between input channels
- Power Consumption: 65 W
- Weight: 24 kg (Speaker x 2 + Powered Mixer)
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm):
- -342 x 545 x 298 (speaker x 1)
- -330 x 12 x 175 (Mixer)
- Phantom power Switch: ON / OFF (CH1-4)
- LIMIT/COMP Switch: ON = Comp, OFF = Limit (CH1/2)
- Input Channel Equalization:
- ±15 dB
- HIGH 10 kHz shelving
- LOW 100 Hz shelving
- Enclosure: 2 way bass-reflex type, Polypropylene, Black
- Crossover Frequency: 4.0 kHz (LF: 12 dB/oct, HF: 12 dB/oct)
- Frequency Range: 55 Hz-20 kHz (-10 dB)
- LF: 10" (25 cm) Cone
- HF: 1" (2.54cm) Compression Driver
Yamaha Exploring Reinforcement DVD
A practical guide to understanding PA systems, applications and operation. A hands-on exploration of Sound Reinforcement looking at:
Putting it all Together
- Setting up the Equipment
- Acoustic Duo
- Hopuse of Worship
- Concert Stage
Good Working Practices
Running time: 2 hr, 5min.