Extreme Performance FireWire Audio Driver. Highest stability, 2.5mS latency, easy installation.
What it is
The CEntrance Ideal Driver™ (ID) is the Extreme Performance FireWire Audio Driver. It uses our unique, high-octane Windows Driver technology from the Universal Driver and features highest stability, lowest latency, and easy installation. It's designed to be more reliable than the OEM drivers that come standard with many recording interfaces. ID works with popular devices and is positioned as the ideal OEM replacement driver. See for yourself why CEntrance FireWire technology is superior to competition.
What it does
The Ideal Driver™ (ID) shares the proven technology from the Universal Driver, and was optimized for single-device capability. If you only use one device at a time, this product is for you. The ID supports up to 32 I/O channels (FireWire 400), handles WDM, ASIO2, GSIF2, and MIDI, and is compatible with sample rates from 32 kHz to 192 kHz, at 24-bit depths.
The Ideal Driver has been tested with the majority of ASIO applications, but not all hardware is supported yet. Please check if your audio interface is on the list before placing an order! New devices are added all the time.
Availability and Purchase Process
The Ideal Driver will be available for sale at the CEntrance store. Licensed users have access to periodic updates, containing feature enhancements and support for newly released hardware and software. ID is protected by a security solution, which ties your driver to the serial number of your PC.
Software (ASIO2, GSIF2, MIDI, WDM)
UD has been tested with the following software products:
- Ableton: Live 4, Live 5
- Cakewalk: Sonar 4, Sonar 5
- Mackie: Tracktion 1.x, Tracktion 2.0
- Propellerhead: Reason
- Sony: Soundforge, Acid, Vegas
- Steinberg: Cubase SX, LE, SE, Nuendo, WaveLab 4, 5
- TASCAM: GigaStudio 3.0
- Microsoft Media Player 9, 10; Nullsoft: Winamp 4, 5
- InterVideo: WinDVD; Cyberlink: PowerDVD 5
- Other ASIO, WDM compatible audio applications
We constantly work to add new devices, but keep in mind that only the products listed below will work with the UD:
- Alesis: Multimix FireWire - Just added!
- Apogee: Rosetta200
- Behringer: FCA202
- Echo: AudioFire8
- ESI: QuataFire 610
- Focusrite: Saffire
- M-Audio: Solo
- Mackie: D2, Onyx 400f, Onyx Satellite, Onyx 1220, 1620, 1640
- Miglia: Harmony Audio
- Phonic: Helix Board 24 FireWire
- Presonus: FireBox, FirePod, Inspire1394
- TAPCO: Link.FireWire4x6
- TC Electronic: PowerCore (can share the same FireWire bus)