We're recruiting: PHP Developer
We’re looking for a PHP Developer to work on our extensive e-commerce site.
We want someone to see the same potential as us in our site and help it grow with lots of new ideas and plenty of TLC.
The key technical skills for the role are:
- PHP 5.3+
- Zend Framework (but don't worry if you've only used another MVC framework, we'd still like to hear from you)
- Good RDBMS knowledge, especially MySQL
- Experience of systems specific to e-commerce: an ability to build bespoke functionality into a custom platform around third party systems like payment gateways, courier tracking, direct shipping and similar.
It’s not a requirement, but we’re always impressed if you’ve contributed to open source projects or are active on Github etc.
It’s also great if you can demonstrate:
- E-commerce & business savvy: being able to see what’s needed to improve business processes and understand what’s mission-critical (not just nice-to-have).
- Ability to take ownership: in this role, you’ll have the freedom to do anything for which you can make a (very!) solid business case. We want someone who’ll make the most of this!
- Enthusiasm and a can-do attitude: never used a technology that a project requires before? We want someone who’ll relish the chance to learn it.
If that sounds exciting, please e-mail jobs at this domain with your CV and a cover letter. A key thing we look for is the complexity of previous projects you've worked on - if you've worked on something with lots of users, third party integrations and moving parts, sell it to us!
(Please note, this role is based in our Liverpool office. Sorry, no remote working. No agencies.)