In The City 2010
Confirmed bands so far include, No Age, Pulled Apart By Horses, Sky Larkin, HEALTH, Ed Drewett, Glasser, Devlin, Still Corners, The Pierces, Male Bonding, Factory Floor, Oh No Ono, O Children, Mount Kimbie, Monarchy Kisses, Eqyption Hip Hop, Crystal Fighters, White Ring, Kisss, Yuck, Glasser, Skepta, Andreya Triana, Spectrals, Lady Chann, Porcelain Raft, Donae'o, plus many more and a portfolio of media and label showcases including; NME Radar, Drowned in Sound, BBC Introducing, Kerrang!, Last.fm, Now Wave, XFM Xposure, Mobo Awards Tour, Hig Club & Young and Lost Club, Fierce Panda, High Voltage, Gold Dust, Rock Sound, Murkage, Contort Yourself, Clique, Same Teens, Brew Records, Sweatshop Records, Akoustik Anarkhy & Melodic, Red Deer Club, Cutloose plus more.
You can see all of these plug more, along with the ITC Unsigned bands for only £29. Buy your In The City festival wristband here
Keynote speakers include:
- Jay Brown, Jay-Z's Business Partner & Co-Founder of Roc Nation, in conversation with Nick Raphael, MD of Epic Records
- Jho Oakley, manager of Pendulum, Chase and Status and SUb Focus, Nick Halkes, co-founder of XL and Positiva
- Caroline Protheroe, manager of David Guetta and former Head of Dance and Virgin Records will feature on a Dance Panel
- Mike Pickering, MD of the newly re-launched Deconstruction Records and Manchester dance music legend, in conversation with acclaimed journalist Paul Morley
- R.E.M's Manager Bertis Downs will be giving delegates a unique and provacative insight into what it's like to manage one of the world's biggest bands and how the role of the artist manager has changed in recent years
- Ryan Screiber, founder of Pitchfork will also be on Blogging The USA panel
For more information on the keynotes, speakers and panels please visit the In The City website
Delegate passes are available for £200 (plus VAT) and allow you full access to the main conference and priority access to live gigs.
This year, In The City will also be launching The Hive which is aimed at providing stimulating, informative and thought provoking programme for students and emerging artists and budding entrepreneurs (16+), and will take place on the 13th and 14th October in The Malmaison Hotel in Manchester.
The Hive will feature panels, seminars and workshops led by a host of industry professionals, covering a wide range of topics including artist management, music publishing, understanding the media, songwriting & studio production and many others. If you would like more information or to buy a pass for The Hive please visit www.inthecity.co.uk