Long-awaited Fender Elvis Costello Jazzmaster Finally Released!
It's finally here! The long-awaited Fender Elvis Costello Jazzmaster. Thirty years after his angular, sophisticated music and sharp, incisive lyrics first set the music world on its ear, Costello’s aim is truer than ever, and this new guitar pays fitting tribute.
According to Fender, while Costello’s original Jazzmaster has seen numerous modifications over its 30-plus years in existence, this new Signature Model was built to replicate the guitar as it was during the recording of Costello’s seminal 1977 debut LP My Aim Is True.
Costello’s original vintage Jazzmaster is a guitar inexorably linked to him, since its appearance in the cover of his groundbreaking 1977 debut album. This new Fender Signature model is an accurate reproduction of it, and, for those of us who simply love the looks of a good Jazzmaster, the Elvis Costello Jazzmaster offers a welcome new finish option - the walnut body is elegant, beautiful and has a very distinctive vintage charm.
Like all great Signature Models, it's a treat for Elvis Costello fans, but can also appeal to any guitarist who just wants a great and distinctive-looking guitar.
Additional Images (click to enlarge):
- Model Name Elvis Costello Jazzmaster®
- Model Number 011-5900-(892)
- Series Artist Series
- Colors (892) Walnut, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Body Alder
- Neck Maple, “C” Shape, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
- Fingerboard Rosewood, 7.25” Radius (184mm)
- No. of Frets 21 Vintage Style Frets
- Pickups 2 Special Design American Vintage Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge) Controls “Lead” Circuit: Volume, Tone, “Rhythm” Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup / Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups / Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Lead Circuit 2-Position Slide: Up: Lead Tone Circuit / Down: Rhythm Tone Circuit
- Bridge Vintage Style “Floating” Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- Machine Heads Fender/Gotoh® Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware Chrome
- Pickguard 4-Ply Tortoise Shell
- Scale Length 25.5” (648 mm)
- Width at Nut 1.650” (41 mm)
- Unique Features 60’s Styling, Trem Arm Bent Away from Body to Allow More Travel, Transition Style Fender Logo, Tremolo Tension Set Looser for that “Spy Movie Feel”, Aged White Plastic Parts
- Strings Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel, Gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046),
- Accessories Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case, Strap, Cable
- Case Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case
- Introduced 4/2008