High performance but affordable MIDI controller The perfect piece of kit for any musicians, producers and DJs on a budget. The Impact LX49 still sits happily at the heart of any setup with pads, knobs, keys, transport controls and buttons galore.
Nektar have gone one further and offer Presonus Studio One Artist out the box. Not a compromised, cut back version Studio One has unlimited tracks and comes loaded with plugins. If you're already using one of the major DAWs then the LX49 is ready to go there too, with a range of ready made presets.
See How The LX Integrates With Cubase, Reason And Studio One Check out the videos below to see just how easy it is to get a comprehensive, professional controller at the heart of your setup.
Show full description »
Happy at the hub of any MIDI based studio the Nektar Impact LX49 Controller offers everything you need to play chords, melodies & rhythms as well as programming synths and operating DAW mixers. Switch between modes at the touch of a button, transpose and control your DAW transport controls too.
Nektar Impact LX49 Controller
- Pro Keyboard Solid synth action with full size piano style keys. 4 curves and 3 levels of fixed velocity if you need consistent velocity.
- Dedicated Octave And Transpose Buttons You've got options for octave changes and transposition right at hand.
- 8 Pads For Rhythms Or Control The velocity sensitive pads can be used for banging out beats or sending MIDI CC messages to extend your control options.
- Knobs, Buttons Faders Change preset between Mixer and Instrument while using dedicated DAW transport controls to get a handle on everything in your PC or Mac with class compliant USB operation.
Nektar On The LX49
f you mainly want to use your DAWs MIDI learn features, Impact LX49 is easy to come to grips with. There are 2 non-overlapping, read-only presets on the Mixer and Instrument buttons so you can quickly switch between independent and unique setups. These presets are also used for Impact LX49's integrated DAW support. In addition, 5 user presets are programmed for GM compatible and "learn-friendly" setups plus they can of course be overwritten with your own settings. With the Impact LX49's "Null" function switched to on, parameter values are stored when you switch between presets so you avoid parameter jumping.
Studio One Artist
Studio One™ Artist is a powerful recording and production platform that lets you work quickly and stay focused on your inspiration. Incredibly easy to learn, it offers unlimited tracks and plug-ins and delivers features not normally found in entry-level DAWs. Access powerful editing tools without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files, effects, and VIs by drag-and-drop. Need an instrument, effects plug-in, or drum loop? Just drag what you need from the content Browser, drop it into the arrangement, and everything is taken care of.
At mixdown, process your tracks using more than 20 high-quality Native Effects; Studio One's cutting-edge mix engine delivers stunning results. Studio One makes it easy!
No other entry-level DAW is this easy to use, yet offers unlimited tracks and plug-in instantiations, extensive use of drag-and-drop, and in-depth editing features. Best of all, Studio One Artist is included with the Impact LX49 USB keyboard!
- 49 note velocity-sensitive synth-action keyboard
- 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed
- Pitch bend & Modulation assignable wheels
- Octave shift buttons
- Transpose shift buttons
- Foot switch pedal socket (sustain)
- 8 veoloicy sensitive pads
- 4 velocity curves plus 3 fixed
- Pads assignable notes and MIDI cc messages
- Load or Save to any of 4 pad maps
Weight & Dimensions
- Dimensions: 31 5/8"(L) x 10 1/2"(D) 3 "(H)
- Weight: 7 Lbs
- 8 potentiometers
- 9 30mm faders
- 9 assignable buttons
- 6 dedicated transport buttons
- 5 preset locations store control settings
- Integration files for major DAWs
- Foot switch (sustain) 1/4" jack input (pedal not included)
- USB port for power and communication with computer
- Class compliant (no driver needed): OSX and Windows XP or higher
- Daw Integration
- Mac OS X 10.7 or higher, Windows Vista, 7 & 8 or higher