Korg X50 Portable Music Synthesizer
The sound quality of Korg's larger synths and workstations, in a more compact and affordable package. Get unlimited sound potential by combining realistic instrument sounds with any synth tones or effects you choose. All in a package that's easy to get to the gig. Of course the true test is in the sound, so have a listen...
- 512 professional-quality sound programs produced by the HI synthesis system used on the world-famous TRITON series.
- 384 combinations, each allowing up to eight programs to be freely combined to create complex sounds.
- Multi Mode allows the X50 to be played from your external sequencer as a 16-part multi-timbral sound module.
- Powerful effect section with four processors (one insert effect, two master effects, one master EQ).
- Four-channel audio output (two main channels, two individual channels), a first in its class
- Dual polyphonic arpeggiator for even more
- USB connector allows single-cable MIDI connection with your computer.
- Stand-alone and innovative plug-in sound editing software is included, allowing you to tweak and program the X-50, even within your DAW software.
Korg's brilliant sounds in a handy size
The Korg X50 music synthesizer features the HI (Hyper Integrated) sound engine that's used on the world-famous TRITON series. It gives you pro-quality sounds in an ultra-compact body. This keyboard synthesizer delivers unbeatable convenience and enjoyment for live performance or song production.
A rich array of sounds and powerful effects
The 64 MB PCM memory contains a wide range of sounds, including piano, strings, guitar, and synth sounds. With 512 sound Programs, as well as 384 “Combinations” that let you use up to eight Programs together, you can start enjoying a diverse selection of great sounds right away. The effect section lets you simultaneously use four effects (one insert effect, two master effects, and one EQ), and provides a full selection of effect types such as reverb, chorus, and delay. Best of all, the X50 is compatible with Korg’s TR line of music workstations so you can share sounds and songs with Korg users around the world.
Dual arpeggiator makes performance even more fun
An arpeggiator lets you play a variety of phrases using just one finger, and the X50 provides two polyphonic arpeggiators! For example, in Combination mode you can use the two arpeggiators to play drums and bass while you play chords and melody, giving you amazing power for live performances. In addition to five basic preset arpeggio patterns, the X50 also provides an additional 251 patterns containing various phrases. Of course you can also create your own original patterns and store them in internal memory.
Easy operation for immediate use
Finding the right sound quickly when you have so many to choose from can be a problem on some systems, but never Korg’s! The X50 organizes its vast array of sounds into sixteen categories, and provides a Category Select function that makes it quick and easy to choose the sound you need from the category you specify. There's also an Audition Riff function that provides one-touch audition of each sound. Four knobs can be used to quickly adjust sounds, effects and arp settings, and the ClickPoint cursor makes the X50 a pleasure to use and play.
In a first for its class, the X50 features individual outputs, allowing professional setups in which the sounds of specific parts are sent to their own outputs. This can be very useful in situations such as recording when you may want to EQ and process each sound separately, and for surround-sound applications.
The X50 also provides a USB connector that lets you establish MIDI connections with your computer using a single cable – no interface needed. A powerful Multi mode give you 16 parts to create music with, with the full complement of effects and other settings to make complete songs using only the X50 and your computer. 128 Multis can be saved and recalled, with 16 preloaded covering many common music styles and genres.
It also comes with editor/librarian software that makes it easy to create and organize sounds using your computer. Two versions are provided: a traditional stand-alone application and an innovative plug-in version (VST, AU, and RTAS formats supported) that can run within your DAW and MIDI sequencing software. Both versions are colorful, graphic-rich, and provide a wonderful interface for working with the X50 in all its modes.
Need A Case For This Keyboard? We've selected a few just for you.
|Standard Gig Bag
* wide tolerance, may require ﬁlling
- HI (Hyper Integrated) sound engine
- 48 kHz sampling frequency
- 64 MB PCM ROM
- 470 multisamples + 518 drumsamples
- 61-key, velocity sensitive
- 62 voices, 62 oscillators (in single mode)
- 31 voices, 62 oscillators (in double mode)
Number of Effect Types:
- Stereo digital multi effect system – all can be used simultaneously
- 2 Master Effects (mono in, stereo out)
- 1 Insert Effect (stereo in/out)
- 1 Master Effect (3-band stereo)
Dual Polyphonic Arpeggiator:
- 89 (available for Insert Effect and Master Effects)
- Two arpeggiators, useable simultaneously in Combination and Multi Modes, one arpeggiator can be used in Program Mode
- 5 preset, 251 user arpeggio patterns (251 preloaded)
- MAIN-L/MONO, R
- INDIVIDUAL-1, 2
- damper (half-pedaling supported)
- assignable switch
- assignable pedal
- type B connector (transmits MIDI only)