Moog Music’s engineers have crafted the Sub Phatty’s oscillators to perform with extreme accuracy and require almost no warm-up time. Just power up, dial in your settings, and put your fingers to work on the keys to summon crisp and detailed waveforms, a vibrant and articulate sound that more than honors the rich sonic density synonymous with Moog creations.
Analogue purity and control freak tweaking delight, the Moog Sub Phatty Synth delivers all the wobble, bounce and swoosh you expect from Moog along with some seriously slick new sounds. There are some superb videos demonstrating just what the Sub Phatty is capable of and we would urge you to check them out, especially to hear the unbelievable crunch and dirt that Multidrive brings to the table.
The Sub Phatty is the first analog synth to feature Moog’s transformative new Multidrive section; at low settings Multidrive adds warmth and girth, but when pushed, it delivers a screaming snarl that is highly reactive to resonance, waveshape, and oscillator level. Experiment with this new circuit and unlock an undiscovered world of vivid analog tonalities.
The mixer section offers innovations of its own, including a sub oscillator that outputs a square wave one octave below Oscillator 1. Use this powerful tool as a third oscillator for added depth, or to craft your own customized incarnation of monstrous Moog bass. Also in the mixer section is a noise generator voiced to deliver low-frequency content, rich with body and punch. If your goal is to sculpt analog percussion and sound effects, look no further.
The Sub Phatty features a wide range of parameters just below the surface, and all features are easily accessible from the instrument’s front panel, or via the free standalone/plugin editor. Select filter poles, assign wave mod destinations, or specify pitch bend amounts — it’s all there.
- Sound Engine: Analog
- Number of Keys: 25
- Type of Keys: Semi-Weighted
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: Monophonic
- Sound Sources: 2 Variable Waveshape Oscillators, 1 Square Wave Sub Oscillator, 1 Noise Generator
- Oscillator Calibration Range: 22Hz-6.8KHz.Guaranteed note range at 8’ of Note 18 to 116
- Mod Sources: Triangle, Square, Saw, Ramp, SH, Filter Envelope
- Mod Destinations: Pitch, Osc 2 Pitch Only, Filter, Waveshape
- Filter: Moog Ladder Filter 20Hz-20Khz
- Presets: 4 Banks, 4 Patches Per Bank
- MIDI I/O: DIN In, Out, and MIDI over USB
- CV/Gate Inputs: Filter CV, Pitch CV, Volume CV, KB Gate
- LFO: 0.1Hz-100Hz