- Analogue modeled filters from several generations of classic synths. MG Filter, MS-20, Acid, P5 Filter and OB. 18 filter types in total.
- Real tube tone for anything from analogue warmth to full distortion. Final part of the signal chain, fully analogue character.
- Dedicated controls for the major parameters, speeding up sound creation and great for tweaking live.
- Dedicated LCD screen for each section of the synth, filter, oscillator and main screen.
- Slots nicely into any analogue setup with CV/Gate controls, keep your analogue setup and control it with the KingKorg.
- USB MIDI control, use any of the knobs or keys on your KingKorg to control soft synths and DAW for a fully integrated digital and analogue control setup.
- Dedicated controls for the effects section, no single rotary and hidden menus. Get hands on control of parameters for Pre-FX, Modulation and Delay/Reverb and dial in the right amount to bring your patch to life.
- Whether you like classic analogue, realistic PCM or original DWGS waveforms the KingKorg has the sound you need. Or create a hybrid, blend raw analogue sawtooth on the attack then sustaining into a realistic violin waveform.
An iconic synth taking the hands-on tweakable controls of analogue classics such as the MS-20 and combining with the deep, rich sound engines of modern VA synths like the Radias. Whether you're new to synthesis and just want to get creating or an old hand who wants to get deep into the sound design Korg have upped the ante again, all hail the king!
While technologically impressive, KingKORG is approachable even to players who are new to synthesizers. And it particularly shines on stage, not only with its great sound, but also literally with a gorgeous champagne gold finish, befitting its royal name – KingKORG.
Powerful oscillators that are both understandable to the beginner and satisfying for the expert
KingKORG features a 3-oscillator x 2-timbre design allows you to generate thick and rich sounds, plus a newly developed, proprietary XMT modeling sound engine. The wide range of oscillator algorithms includes the choices you’d expect from an analog synthesizer–sawtooth wave, square wave, and noise–in addition to numerous PCM/DWGS algorithms, giving you plenty of choices for creating highly personal sounds.
Modeling filters that reproduce the sound of classic instruments
While designing KingKORG, extreme attention was paid to the filter section, which is crucial to a synthesizer's character. A diverse variety of filters is a unique advantage of analog modeling, and KingKORG’s filters add unparalleled flexibility. In addition to a variety of essential analog modeling filter types, you get faithful models of filters that reproduce the analog monophonic synths used for lead and bass in the '70s, the polyphonic synths used in new wave music of the '80s, and the filters of Korg's classic MS-20 analog synth. These filters can also be made to self-oscillate by raising the resonance setting– a unique capability of analog synthesizers.
Here's Keyboard Magazine demonstrating the accuracy of the KingKorg's filters, comparing them to their analogue forebears.
The built-in 16 band vocoder uses audio from the onboard mic input to modify the sound, creating an effect as though the synthesizer were talking. The vocoder features Formant Shift to dramatically modify the tonal character, as well as Formant Hold, which allows you to “freeze” a vowel sound and play it back using the keys. The vocoder is used by selecting Mic In on the waveform list in the oscillator section, then the vocoder follows the same signal path as any oscillator, apply FX/filters and get creative with your audio source.
- Virtual patch function - No restrictions on modulation source and desitinations
- Step arpeggiator function
- Newly designed panel layout allows intuitive operation
- 61 dynamic, full-size keys, plus Korg’s X/Y Joystick
- Favorites function for convenience in live performance - Set favourite controls on buttons under main screen
- 200 built-in preset programs & 100 user locations
- Support for librarian software that lets you manage programs